Everitt Knuckle Knives

mikedon

A pair of black handled Everitt knuckle knives for the holidays. I have been trying to find one of these for a long time. Now I just have to find a green handled version.

post-165606-0-96238600-1545512024_thumb.jpg

A pair of black handled Everitt knuckle knives for the holidays. I have been trying to find one of these for a long time. Now I just have to find a green handled version.

Posted Image

If you sent me a Black one, I’d have a green AND a black... ‘‘tis the season!

Hahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 years later...

Nice pair! Well, I guess im going to have to get a green as well. Thank you knife manufacturers for your many variations and making sure my bank account stays nice and slim.

These are some spectacular Everitt knuckles.  I have a Vietnam vet friend who saw these carried in M8A1 scabbards. The only one I found was a very well used knife that I decided to "massage" into a respectable, long carried, well used knife.

Marv

IMG_2198.JPG

IMG_2205.JPG

IMG_2209.JPG

1 hour ago, Misfit 45 said:

These are some spectacular Everitt knuckles.  I have a Vietnam vet friend who saw these carried in M8A1 scabbards. The only one I found was a very well used knife that I decided to "massage" into a respectable, long carried, well used knife.

Marv

IMG_2198.JPG

IMG_2205.JPG

IMG_2209.JPG

Nice work on that blade, id almost be tempted to give her a blast of green on the handle after all that work.

13 hours ago, opseccc said:

Anybody have a Plumb colored Blued Blade?  

IMG_5701.JPG

IMG_5707.JPG

I would believe yours has been refinished/restored

Fortunately, my knife has not been "refinished/restored".  Unfortunately, these knives are so easy to touch up with a shot of black or green paint, true original examples are not as easy to attain.  Misfit 45, I would be proud to have an example like your knife in the condition it is in.  Happy hunting. 

20 minutes ago, opseccc said:

Fortunately, my knife has not been "refinished/restored".  Unfortunately, these knives are so easy to touch up with a shot of black or green paint, true original examples are not as easy to attain.  Misfit 45, I would be proud to have an example like your knife in the condition it is in.  Happy hunting. 

Different metal compositions will sometimes give a plum color when blued, it also happens when the bluing solution in the tank is a bit weak.

• 3 months later...

Tom Kibler, unique handle engraving.  Do you know the knife's history?  I have never seen another engraved, so I am guessing it was done post purchase?  Anyone have any insight?

37 minutes ago, opseccc said:

Tom Kibler, unique handle engraving.  Do you know the knife's history?  I have never seen another engraved, so I am guessing it was done post purchase?  Anyone have any insight?

This engraving/ stamping would have been done privately or by the owner as a personalization. 

Tom Kibler
2 hours ago, opseccc said:

Yes!  Owned & done by a Naval machinist mate.  I believe I posted it here with all the photos.  

I'm responding from my phone & don’t have access at the moment.