WW I era Military Christmas & Other Holiday Cards

world war I nerd

world war I nerd

Christmas card bearing a horse shoe for good luck and holly for Christmas, plus a 1918 Red Cross stamp.

I'm not sure, but I think the Red Cross stamps were given out in exchange for a cash donation. Does anybody know?

post-5143-0-84051400-1545759800_thumb.jpg

world war I nerd

This postcard was one of the few WW I cards posted in the forum's other thread devoted to Military themed Christmas cards.

It also looks as if the soldier in this card is a U.S. Marine. It looks like that might be a USMC cap badge on the hat and USMC style pointed cuffs on the sleeves.

post-5143-0-01852100-1545760197_thumb.jpg

world war I nerd

This last postcard, is not an official Christmas card, but the image on it was snapped on Christmas Day 1913. It is of members of the 10th Infantry Regiment aboard the U.S.S. Panama.

That's all the WW I era Christmas cards for this year. However, I will be adding other WW I era holiday cards that aren't Christmas cards soon.

Thanks for looking.

post-5143-0-83375800-1545761138_thumb.jpg

world war I nerd

As promised, here are a few AEF related holiday and New Year greeting and post cards. I'll post them chronologically based on the holiday's date.

No doubt, there are dozens more AEF "other holiday" postcard designs out there, but these are the only ones that have come across my radar screen so far.

If you have a WW I era Christmas or other holiday card to share, please post it here … Happy New Year

Since a birthday takes place on every day of the year, I'll lead off with this WW I era birthday postcard.

post-5143-0-48148500-1546360052_thumb.jpg

world war I nerd

I mistakenly posted this YMCA Easter card in the Christmas portion of this topic, so this is a repeat, but it's correctly identified this time around.

post-5143-0-31123700-1546360262_thumb.jpg

world war I nerd

Another Easter postcard printed by the Knights of Columbus for the AEF, and later revised, by printing the 3rd Army insignia on the back, for the Army of Occupation in Germany. I've seen, but do not own, other Knights of Columbus holiday card designs that have also been revised or repurposed by the addition of the 3rd Army logo somewhere on the card.

post-5143-0-61998400-1546360492_thumb.jpg

world war I nerd

A nice combined 4th of July and Bastille Day postcard depicting America's Uncle Sam, celebrating with France's Marianne.

post-5143-0-67008100-1546360796_thumb.jpg