1982 BDU British Para qualified 82nd Airborne CIB

bravo_2_zero

Picked this up , it appears to be an issued unworn in any shape or form 1982 jacket. This one however may have a flaw , the elbow patches are not present or the 2 extra cuff buttons. The owner may have intended to a permanent rolled up sleeve jacket.

​All patches except Name are new , the name seems to be reused but lightly from something else and has the typical in country Nam silvering/Grey thread.

Nice Large Long size too.

post-2821-0-14151600-1545410526.jpg

post-2821-0-28478800-1545410540.jpg

The removed or not applied buttons or elbow pads, I can't see any evidence they were applied unless the owner did it professionally

post-2821-0-96480200-1545410705.jpg

That right pocket looks really sloppy to me. Both the nametag and the brit wings are sewn at a sloppy angle. ]

Hard to believe a Vietnam vet in the 82nd Airborne would wear something like that in garrison.

Looks like a 2nd pattern BDU with the "elvis collar" but not the white tag. I've never seen a BDU that didn't have the reinforced elbows. Then again, there were some oddball uniforms in those early BDU runs.

IIRC foreign patches on BDUs were de-authorized around 1986 - 87 so this can't be any newer than that.

That right pocket looks really sloppy to me. Both the nametag and the brit wings are sewn at a sloppy angle. ]

Hard to believe a Vietnam vet in the 82nd Airborne would wear something like that in garrison.

Looks like a 2nd pattern BDU with the "elvis collar" but not the white tag. I've never seen a BDU that didn't have the reinforced elbows. Then again, there were some oddball uniforms in those early BDU runs.

IIRC foreign patches on BDUs were de-authorized around 1986 - 87 so this can't be any newer than that.

Yes mate it's one of the early ones 2nd year of production with the Vietnam style chest pockets. The cloth is very lightweight too and I wonder if it was a forerunner to the tropical cotton stuff with removal of extras like they did with desert uniforms in 1990/91. It could also be a factory second too. Like you said the sewing is a little sloppy which could go towards its as new appearance , too sloppy to wear so it was stored.

Either way its a nice example of an early BDU in unworn condition.