30th Infantry Divison Officer's dress jacket

Gilles F.

Hi guys,

what do you think of this dress jacket?

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...em=250339967383

I might be able to get it for 500$, including the insignias etc and shipping. (+ 1 original photo but apparently he removed it from his auction, will have to ask about that). The uniform is ID'd and the soldier's name is mentioned in "Work Horse of the Western Front", the history book of the 30th ID, and I can have scans of his official documents.

I'm still hesitating about some things though: how come the patch is on his right shoulder and not his left shoulder? What happened to the overseas bar(s)?

Is 500$ a fair price for an ID'd WO's uniform + the rest?

Best regards,

Gilles

Gilles-

Unless there are a few one hundred dollar bills in the bottom left pocket, $500 is WAY too high for this grouping. It all looks WW2 era, but nothing I can see gets it to be valued much over $100.

Kurt

pathfinder505

I thought the story was a bunch of crap! There appears to be missing items from the uniform. What is with the pin above the ETO ribbon? I think way to much since it has questions.

My 2 cents

I think that guy was drinking some of the grain alcohol he was writing about, that story is completely incoherent and basically wrong. Given the moth damage and the messed up insignia I wouldn't think it was even worth $100.00. For $500.00 it better be perfect and come with a story written be Ernest Hemmingway.

Is 500$ a fair price for an ID'd WO's uniform + the rest?

With the condition of the jacket, I'd say that it's probably worth around $85, based on the insignia. Maybe you should try offering the guy 10% of his asking price...$50, which it would probably be saleable for.

Dave

pathfinder505
That is a warrant officer collar brass.

Ray

Thanks Ray, I knew what it was but never seen one used like an airborne wing before. But maybe he was a flying engineer???? ermm.gif

Thanks Ray, I knew what it was but never seen one used like an airborne wing before. But maybe he was a flying engineer???? ermm.gif

Or perhaps someone stuck a WO eagle in a place where it would look like a Q badge. Note the DUI over the right pocket!

G

The position of that DUI, isn't that what they do now?

Erwin

Modern ones are worn above the pocket.A WW2 officer would have them on the epaulet/shoulder strap between the rank and the collar.added for effect in my opinion.

RON

Gilles,

That is way to much money for that! Please save your money for something much better (and cheaper).

Troy

I didn't bid on it, I tried to go much lower than his original price but he didn't want to ...

Save my money for something like this for instance?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=180313427991

Or is that too much too? think.gif