Sustainment Pouch

Philip

You need to show more of the items when you ask these things. As for the tag alone, probably, as NSNs don't have letters in them. A sustainment pouch to what? the MOLLE pack?

The labels are not so uniform as they used to be:

Here's some of examples of current issue items I got direct from Marines (I believe it was all issue, not private purchase):

coy1026magback.jpg

coy1026grenback.jpg

coy1026alice.jpg

aid1026back.jpg

This is from an ILBE Main Pack

ilbe1006label.jpg

Your sustainment pouch appears to be authentic. Much of which we are issued is COTS now, (Commercial Off The Shelf) That is why you don't always get the standard tag like Forum Support mentions. If you look at his pictures, there is one that has Specialty Defense tag in it. They are notorious for selling to the general public, so the line between "issue" and "civilian purchased" are rapidly greying. As an example, your sustainment pouch looks authentic, however, I cannot remember the Marines carrying a coyote brown MOLLE pack. Not saying they didn't, but when we flew them from Baghdad to Fallujah, I only remember seeing Marpat cammo. Specialty Defense on the other hand will sell almost all of their items in about every camo pattern available. It is possible that this was issued, but it is also possible that someone bought it from the company.