Just saw Peter Jackson's documentary "They Shall Not Grow Old"...

All of my theaters were sold out... :(

Mr.JERRY

My new book on the History of the US Service Flag is available now- contact me directly for a signed copy

https://www.elmgrovepublishing.com/in-the-service-of-our-country

Collector of WWI & WWII Home Front Flags, Unit Flags & Guidons, US & German helmets, insignia, uniforms, medals,

Women's Military Uniforms, Wisconsin Vocational School made Fighting Knives.

Military Collectibles Shop Owner & Dealer in everything else~!

Check out our Facebook page for updates and the latest Shop news!:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-Collectibles-Shop/171226792906875
Visit our website (and visit our shop if you are ever near Milwaukee, WI USA)
http://www.militarycollectorsHQ.com

See what Mr.Jerry has on eBay this week:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/mr.jerry/m.html?_ipg=200&_sop=1&_rdc=1

Come on down to ohio! My theater canceled then apparently had a rare stroke of brilliance and there's one showing at 4 today...

Looking for the following:

452nd and 447th Bomb Group items

Anything 12th Armored- especially uniforms

155th Assault Helicopter Company, Camp Coryell, or Ban Me Thuot Vietnam items[/center]

WWII US Navy Uniforms from the Battle Off Samar: USS Johnston DD-557, USS Hoel DD-553, USS Samuel B. Roberts DE-413, USS Heermann DD-532, USS Dennis DE-405, USS John C. Butler DE-339, USS Raymond DE-341, USS Fanshaw Bay St. Lo, White Plains, Kalinin Bay, Kitkun Bay and Gambier Bay...

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2019.gif

Saw this today, outstanding. Should be shown in all schools.

"The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him" G.K. Chesterton

"A people that values it's privileges above its principles will soon lose both" D.D. Eisenhower

donation2009.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2017.gif

Just returned from seeing it.Very well done.Stayed for the "making of" at the end where he explains his grandfathers and great uncles involvement in the war. I also had family members in the war.My French maternal grandfather and a great uncle,a farm boy from WV.

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Saw it today. It was amazing. I loved the fact that the film centered around what the average soldier would have experienced rather than just a summary of the war. The colorized and restored film footage was incredible. Peter Jackson went to great lengths to get it right.

You can tell he focused on the little details through the eyes of a historian and militaria collector.

His motivation for making the film was to honor his Grandfather and Great Uncle.

Kurt

!!!! WANTED !!!!

WWII Prisoner of War items : Medals, Mail, Diaries, Photos, Documents, Scrapbooks + More

WWII Naval Aviation Groupings : Medals, Documents, Scrapbooks, Photos, Flight Logs, Flight Jackets + More

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Saw it for the second time last night. Another sold out showing.

Awesome.

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Always interested in the 166th Infantry, 42nd Division, A.E.F.

Quality WW1 studio portraits and real photo postcards of Distinguished Service Cross recipients; showing steel helmets; or other interesting content.

Saw it with the family yesterday. I hope folks stayed to watch the 30 minutes with Jackson after the movie. Just an amazing film!

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

View my website honoring the men and women of Indiana: http://indianavets.wix.com/indiana-at-war and follow my updates on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/IndianaModernAgeofWar/
Interested in US uniforms? Join the Association of American Military Uniform Collectors! http://aamuc.org/or find us on Facebook! facebook.com/AAMUC.ORG

• 2 weeks later...

For those that missed out...

They are showing this again on Jan 21st. MLK weekend.

So keep an eye out.

Wanted: Missouri Medals

I am always in search of Missouri Medals and Items. This could be anything from WW1, WW2, Prisoners of War, Ephemera, or anything pertaining to Missourians.

I thank you for your time and consideration.

-Without a witness, they just disappear.-

donation2020.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the movie last night, excellent and must for all individuals interested in history and sacrifice.

Extra 30 minute segment at the end was just as interesting as the movie and well with the time.

Excellent footage and can’t wait for the DVD

Go Navy!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

Saw it again. Man I hope they release their version of Madamoiselle from Armentieres!

Looking for the following:

452nd and 447th Bomb Group items

Anything 12th Armored- especially uniforms

155th Assault Helicopter Company, Camp Coryell, or Ban Me Thuot Vietnam items[/center]

WWII US Navy Uniforms from the Battle Off Samar: USS Johnston DD-557, USS Hoel DD-553, USS Samuel B. Roberts DE-413, USS Heermann DD-532, USS Dennis DE-405, USS John C. Butler DE-339, USS Raymond DE-341, USS Fanshaw Bay St. Lo, White Plains, Kalinin Bay, Kitkun Bay and Gambier Bay...

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2019.gif

Saw it again yesterday. Great work by Peter Jackson. My Irish father's family lost a son & brother, my uncle, in France at Arras in April 1917. A 20 year old Captain in the Manchester Regiment. Another fought at Gallipoli so these pictures hit home. See it if you can. Bobgee

"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (Message sent by 1st Lt. Clifton B. Cates. USMC, 96th Co., Soissons, 19 July 1918 - later 19th Commandant of the Marine Corps 1948-1952)

• 2 weeks later...

Great stuff! It's opening in General Release this week. Check your local theatre listings. A must see IMHO. Has been nominated for an Oscar in Best Documentary category. I hope it wins. Peter Jackson truly deserves it. Bob

"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (Message sent by 1st Lt. Clifton B. Cates. USMC, 96th Co., Soissons, 19 July 1918 - later 19th Commandant of the Marine Corps 1948-1952)

• 1 year later...

Hi! Bumping this, as I have a question. What made this rated R? Would appreciate someone's honest opinion. We don't watch many new films, and the only R film we've seen was Last Samurai. Didn't even watch the extended third Hobbit film, which reached R, and we are Tolkien film nuts. But, wondering what exactly made the film receive an R. Thanks to any who will share!

donation2018.gif

If you ever want a custom hand-embroidered (no machine) patch, I'm open to commissions! Pay or trade!
For an idea of my military collecting interests and wish list, see my profile page!
Looking for Old-Style US Coast Guard Commendation Medal (w/ or w/o ribbon)!

Oh, tarry and be strong; Tell God in prayer. What is thy hidden grief; Thy secret care.

Yet, if no answer come; Pray on and wait: God's time is always best; Never too late.

I think if they showed any corpse's or mangled bodies that would cause a R rating. I haven't seen it but other movies with blood and Gore have r ratings that I have seen. That's my guess anyway

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

donation2016.gif

donation2017.gif