Just saw Peter Jackson's documentary "They Shall Not Grow Old"...

Capt.Confederacy

Just returned from seeing it.Very well done.Stayed for the "making of" at the end where he explains his grandfathers and great uncles involvement in the war. I also had family members in the war.My French maternal grandfather and a great uncle,a farm boy from WV.

Saw it today. It was amazing. I loved the fact that the film centered around what the average soldier would have experienced rather than just a summary of the war. The colorized and restored film footage was incredible. Peter Jackson went to great lengths to get it right.

You can tell he focused on the little details through the eyes of a historian and militaria collector.

His motivation for making the film was to honor his Grandfather and Great Uncle.

Kurt

• 2 weeks later...
Brian Dentino

Just secured my ticket for the 1/21 showing at a local theater and am pretty stoked! Looking forward to it and hope it lives up to all I have read both on here and other places on the "net"!

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the movie last night, excellent and must for all individuals interested in history and sacrifice.

Extra 30 minute segment at the end was just as interesting as the movie and well with the time.

Excellent footage and can’t wait for the DVD

Saw it again yesterday. Great work by Peter Jackson. My Irish father's family lost a son & brother, my uncle, in France at Arras in April 1917. A 20 year old Captain in the Manchester Regiment. Another fought at Gallipoli so these pictures hit home. See it if you can. Bobgee

• 2 weeks later...
CNY Militaria

Saw it again. Man I hope they release their version of Madamoiselle from Armentieres!

Here is the version from the credits:

Great stuff! It's opening in General Release this week. Check your local theatre listings. A must see IMHO. Has been nominated for an Oscar in Best Documentary category. I hope it wins. Peter Jackson truly deserves it. Bob

• 1 year later...

Hi! Bumping this, as I have a question. What made this rated R? Would appreciate someone's honest opinion. We don't watch many new films, and the only R film we've seen was Last Samurai. Didn't even watch the extended third Hobbit film, which reached R, and we are Tolkien film nuts. But, wondering what exactly made the film receive an R. Thanks to any who will share!

BILL THE PATCH

I think if they showed any corpse's or mangled bodies that would cause a R rating. I haven't seen it but other movies with blood and Gore have r ratings that I have seen. That's my guess anyway

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk