Heroes In Our Midst, Vol. 4 available shortly

Jumpin Jack

Hi Jack, Great minds were on the same track. The mailman arrived today. Keep an I on your mail later next week. Thanks, John S.

• 8 months later...

Hello, I got my copy from my wife for Christmas. I see accessory pack rarion on page 378. I think it's a reproduction, am I right? I saw this photo in some shop with the ration for the reenactorsPosted Image

Wysłane z mojego VOG-L29 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Hello, I got my copy from my wife for Christmas. I see accessory pack rarion on page 378. I think it's a reproduction, am I right? I saw this photo in some shop with the ration for the reenactors

Well, it wouldn't be the first reproduction in these volumes.

Well, it wouldn't be the first reproduction in these volumes.

So why write books and put reproductions?

So why write books and put reproductions?

Most are not reproduction, but, when people submit stuff for your book and tell you it is legit and you take their word or you are not proficient in a certain area and are unable to discern good from bad, then things can slip in.

If you undertake to write a book and sign it with your name, you should check. I am very disappointed that the author did not check it. I am a collector and check things three times. You can see that Angola is a profit-oriented author, not the education of future collectors. In my opinion I am very sorry about that.

If you undertake to write a book and sign it with your name, you should check. I am very disappointed that the author did not check it. I am a collector and check things three times. You can see that Angola is a profit-oriented author, not the education of future collectors. In my opinion I am very sorry about that.

Which is part of many reasons why he is no longer a member of the USMF. The result of selling fakes: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/325124-user-ban-jumpin-jack/

Some time ago I interviewed Michel De Trez for the Polish MoD press. We discussed, among others, about Harlan Glenn's book "For King and Country" dedicated to the British WWII airborne forces and their militaria. I mentioned then what I heard from various critics about this book, and that the book contains small number of repros. Michel told then something like -- "It is so simple to write a book based on much better militaria, much better historical research, much better interviews with veterans, much better period images, much better archives, much better veterans' memoirs about their equipment, weapon, and the other theater made items. Then let everyone of the authors of such much better books criticize the books of the other authors containing a repro".

Wise words.

The Militaria reference book devoid of errors is a very rare thing. Beware throwing the baby out with the bath water.

+1 Id bank that most reference books even the best house a couple copies. Its inevitable, the time and work that goes in sometimes stuff slips through the cracks. Especially when the profit margins on these publications are low for the amount of work involved. Not to say its right but its aways good to get opinions before publishing something with your name on it

I would proffer the Kellers' insignia books are 100% accurate, 100% period original artifacts, 100% corroborative photographs, and 100% accurate text. That is true for their armies/divisional series, their airborne book, and especially their Ranger book.

I would proffer the Kellers' insignia books are 100% accurate, 100% period original artifacts, 100% corroborative photographs, and 100% accurate text. That is true for their armies/divisional series, their airborne book, and especially their Ranger book.

In my opinion very good are Doughboy to GI: US Army Clothing and Equipment 1900-1945 and Americas Finest.