Heroes In Our Midst, Vol. 4 available shortly

Jumpin Jack

ADMIN ALERT: Jack Angola has been banned by the Administration of the USMF and is no longer a member of this forum. We have removed his complete address since we will not be part of selling his books. Complete details here:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/325124-user-ban-jumpin-jack/

As stated, Vol. 4 of Heroes In Our Midst should be available later this month. Here are the details. Subjects covered: First Special Service Force with extensive coverage of the V-42 knife, Airborne Weapons and Equipment to include extensive coverage of the M-2 knife, Airborne Engineers, Aviation Engineer Battalions, Airborne Anti-Aircraft Battalions and Batteries, Special Allied Airborne Reconnaissance Force (SAARF), the Philippine Airborne, Awards and Decorations, Airborne Flags and Guidons. It runs 526 pages with photos mostly in color. Cost is $94.95. plus $10. postage/handling (postage for overseas orders will run $62.) Forum members receive a 10% discount off the price of the book. For those who have purchased all the preceding volumes from me will receive a 20% discount Books ordered from me will be signed and numbered. Place your order with payment to LTC(Ret.) John R. Angolia, **********************, Leawood, KS, 66224 I have copies of Vols 1-3 still available to include numbered copies same conditions as above. Illustrations will be shown here upon receipt of my allotment of books.

ADMIN ALERT: Jack Angola has been banned by the Administration of the USMF and is no longer a member of this forum. We have removed his complete address since we will not be part of selling his books. Complete details here: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/325124-user-ban-jumpin-jack/

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

I spoke to Roger yesterday. He informs me that the books should be in our hands in one to two weeks at the latest. When I receive my copies, I will photograph a few select pages to let you know what you'll be getting. For those with numbered copies, your number is secure as is your 20% discount from the price of the book--$94.95. First time Forum member purchasers will receive a 10% discount. Books will be signed and numbered. If any first time buyers want the entire set, the discount will be 30%. Happy New Year! Jack

• 3 weeks later...

Books are on their way to me as we speak. As soon as they arrive, I will post pictures. Others who have faith in what I produce, you are welcome to get your order in now for a quick response. Don't forget the Forum discount. Jack

Books will be delivered to me on Monday. Those that have already ordered, your book(s) will go out immediately. I will post select pages for those that have held off. Don't forget the Forum discount--New orders 10% those who have previously purchased from me--20%. Those that purchase all four volumes at once, 30%. Those wanting bulk orders of ten or more--40%. Discount is on the book price only plus postage.

Vol 4 of HIOM is finally in my hands. All paid orders will go out tomorrow. Here is information regarding the book:

Hard cover,large format,high gloss art paper, color, 525 pages

Subjects covered:

History of the First Special Service Force, 146 pages

Airborne weapons and equipment, 254 oages

Airborne Engineers, 10 pages

Aviation Engineer Battalions, 14 pages

Airborne Anti-aircraft Battalions & Batteries, 6 pages

SAARF, 10 pages

Philippine Airborne, 6 pages

Awards and Decorations, 30 pages

Airborne Flags and Guidons, 25 pages

post-247-0-74563100-1548817093.jpg

Hello Jay,

I'm pleased to tell you that your book will go out to you in today's mail. With discount the total comes to $81.50 plus $5.35 postage for a total of $86.85. Enjoy! Jack

Forgot to specify that postage in CONUS is $5.35 for a single book. Overseas postage hasn't changed much, so $62. for a single book.

Colonel,

Received my copy on Monday.. Outstanding work once again..

Thank you for your continued service to the militaria collectors and historical communities...

Leigh

Thank you all for your most kind comments. I believe you know that my books are a labor of love. This series in particular exemplifies this as I loved jumping, and to become

a paratrooper was a boyhood dream during the war. One bit of motivation for this series was an admonishment from a fellow Forum member that stated, "What can he do that hasn't

already been done?" I love a challenge. Jack

Persian Gulf Command

Wondering if there is a section on rigger modified equipment, for example the shortened M1910 entrenching tool?

• 1 month later...

Hi Jack, I mailed you an inquiry a while ago as to obtaining Vol.4 signed and numbered #53 to go with my #1-3 volumes. Advise if info in first post is what to go by and amount. Thanks, John S.