Unit ID help please

usoverlord

This is just one of those things that just won't rest till I figure it out. I spent most of last night on the internet trying to find it, but no luck. It's on the side of a helmet liner marked "MP" on one side. "524" on the other. No pictures but I do have a pencil sketch of said decal. Thanks

post-105153-0-51318800-1545071451_thumb.jpg

I thought it was vaguely familiar. I was stationed at Schofield barracks 45 years ago. All I do remember is the "electric strawberry ".

What is the difference between the Hawaiian Dept. and the MP detachment at Schofield? Also, what does the

"524" represent? I don't recall the MP detachment being the 524th. My barracks was literally less than 100 feet from their AO.

Believe you will find this will be the 524th Military Police Company, and was stationed at Fort Shafter.

The Hawaiian Department, called since 1957, U.S. Army Hawaii, or after 1972 U.S. Army Support Command Hawaii. Your liner is a WWII/1950s liner? Or a Vietnam era type? The old Hawaiian Department and it''s redesignated successors was the theater high command organization in Hawaii and had numerous combat support and support units assigned directly under it. U.S. Army Pacific too, but they cover all the Pacific.

Thank you patches, I believe the pot to be rear seam swivel bail. The liner is WW2 vintage. I will post pictures next time I see the set.