Hello from Arizona

2AD_Vet

Hi folks, new guy here! :)

I'm an ex-Army guy who served with 2nd Armour Division and have always had a admiration for Military items - especially the old stuff. I am not really a "collector" but a few choice items have managed to follow me home now and again.

Below are a few.....

post-207275-0-21743500-1544815532.jpg

post-207275-0-60836100-1544815545.jpg

I look forward to some interesting reading...

Cool! Welcome aboard! Really like those top two knives! What and from when are they? Super interesting blade shapes!

Love the guns! My GUncle brought back a rack full of German guns, and used to have them in the basement!

I'm sure you'll meet some fellow enthusiasts here!

Welcome,Like your collection, Thanks for your service. Were you a tanker.

I was a mechanic in the unit. Worked on howitzers, M60's, M113, and assorted wheeled vehicles...... My personal ride was the M578VTR.... Fun times..... :D

I was a mechanic in the unit. Worked on howitzers, M60's, M113, and assorted wheeled vehicles...... My personal ride was the M578VTR.... Fun times..... :D

Great video. I think these were phased out of the Active Army by the time I joined in 1977. All I can remember is 5 ton wreckers and M-88's. Where you at Fort Hood, or was 2AD somewhere else while you were in.

Well I did the 1983 reforger to Germany with m60a3 . Then in 85 we were the round out for the 1st cav, We got 150 M1 abrams, 105 gun tube... I loved tanken, 19E 19 Q, but I was getting old, Then went in huey and blackhawks for 15 years. I got ww2 vehicles .

Great video. I think these were phased out of the Active Army by the time I joined in 1977. All I can remember is 5 ton wreckers and M-88's. Where you at Fort Hood, or was 2AD somewhere else while you were in.

I was in 2AD(Fwd). It was a new base in Northern Germany. We were using 578's still in 1978 in Germany. Maybe they were old stock (most of our stuff was Vietnam hand me downs) but they fit the bill for what we needed. The M88 was often too big to use on Mechanized Infantry Armour, which was where the mechanic/recovery efforts of my company were mainly focused.