This one is as real as they come

Ron pointed this out

No one else has

Everything else is waffle

Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another item that dont conform

P42 shirt

Doughnut buttons...not snaps...how could that be??

Bottom pocket on left side

Color varies a bit

This is one of the early trials pieces.One war time photo appears in Grunt Gear

post-342-0-97290700-1544853244.jpg

post-342-0-24076300-1544853319_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-86125600-1544853363_thumb.jpg

stealthytyler

All I meant is that if the authentication of the material is inconclusive with multiple varying opinions, looking at other details such as stitching and etc can help assist in potentially nailing down its authenticity. Thats all I meant by that.

Tyler, you'd think this topic would be about assisting in authenticating a cover, but reading through all of it, OP's single concern seems to be the fabric. So if it's a cover reproduced using original fabric and OP is happy with the answer that the fabric is authentic, who cares right? It's not the first time I've seen him get personal in topics when all people are doing is trying to help out.

Another item that dont conform

P42 shirt

Doughnut buttons...not snaps...how could that be??

Bottom pocket on left side

Color varies a bit

This is one of the early trials pieces.One war time photo appears in Grunt Gear

attachicon.gifUSMCcamo2.jpg

attachicon.gifUSMCcamo1.jpg

attachicon.gifUSMCcamo3.jpg

Ron ,

I have had one of these shirts.

The cloth on the cover is the same first run print.

Very similar to the cloth on the cover.

It will be dug out.

Tyler, you'd think this topic would be about assisting in authenticating a cover, but reading through all of it, OP's single concern seems to be the fabric. So if it's a cover reproduced using original fabric and OP is happy with the answer that the fabric is authentic, who cares right? It's not the first time I've seen him get personal in topics when all people are doing is trying to help out.

??????

So talk about the cloth.

It's hard to understand what the thread was about because the OP knew all along the cover was good.

Its hard to understand why you are posting on this thread when you don't have anything to actually say about the print and cloth.

If you want to say something to me in depth about your personal issues please PM me.

vintageproductions

You know Owen that material reminds me of the experimental piece you bought at SOS a few years.

Material is different then the "norm" but it was 100000000000% right and original.

I would buy this in a second and not worry about the keyboard commando's on Facebook think. They sit all day behind a computer looking at photos and never adventure out to look at real pieces and handle variants that don't fit the norm.

I have a painted M1, and I know it's good because it's a real WWII front seam swivel loop McCord. No need to look at any other details.

:rolleyes:

You should be a stand up.....

You know Owen that material reminds me of the experimental piece you bought at SOS a few years.

Material is different then the "norm" but it was 100000000000% right and original.

I would buy this in a second and not worry about the keyboard commando's on Facebook think. They sit all day behind a computer looking at photos and never adventure out to look at real pieces and handle variants that don't fit the norm.

B

Woody is pulling the jacket for the match up.

Reminds me of the original bolt you have also.

o

Ok

Just got the experimental jacket and the cover pic

as you can see the jacket is made from several different batches of early pattern print using vivid lime greens

This jacket is mint unwashed condition

I got this at the sos and didn’t have the money to buy the similar marked pants

Though they were standard cut

The cover is light print but still a bit different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow man that is a fantastic jacket and cover the only other jacket i have seen like that is in the marine museum in quanico va a real rare beauty

and so is the cover identical almost to one in Harlen Glenns book on dungarees , the best book ever on marine hbt , i would be jumping for joy :D:D mike

Hi I am the owner of the cover. The objections to its authenticity had to do with the lack of little slivers of base fabric tan color not being present between camo splotches, in specific the dark green and brown splotches.

In general, I pick a piece of camo up in hand, look at it, and its usually obvious. All these details are interesting tho