Melbourne, FL - An Army truck FS! What kind of truck?

stratasfan

Hi, Guys! Right down the road from Gramma's house there is this Army truck and trailer sitting on the corner for sale! Super cool! Got Gramma to stop so I could get a few pictures. What kind of truck and from what era, does anyone know?

post-151812-0-47921500-1544532283_thumb.jpg

post-151812-0-93398400-1544532289_thumb.jpg

That is a WWII era truck. They were used to carry troops and cargo. I can't date the trailer, but it's also a military item.

Do they have a price listed?

Looks like a WWII US Army GMC 6x6 2-1/2 Ton Cargo Truck

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GMC_CCKW_2%C2%BD-ton_6x6_truck

The GMC CCKW also known as "Jimmy" was a 2½-ton 6x6 U.S. Army cargo truck that saw heavy service in both World War II and the Korean War. The original "Deuce and a Half", it formed the backbone of the famed Red Ball Express that kept Allied armies supplied as they pushed eastward after the Normandy invasion.[2]

The CCKW came in many variants, including open or closed cab, long wheel base (LWB 353) and short (SWB 352), and over a score of specialized models. It began to be phased out with the deployment of the 6×6 M35 in 1950, but remained in active U.S. service until the mid-1960s. It is related to the Chevrolet G506, built at the same factory.

It looks like a 1 1/2 ton truck and 1 1/2 ton trailer. Going by the pictures the truck could be a Chevrolet but maybe more knowlegdable people can chime in.

Rene

tdogchristy90

When I looked it up the appearance seems to be a CHEVY, not a GMC. From what I could find the GMC had more vent cuts in the hood. The Chevy had fewer, i.e. This truck?

Looks like a 1-1/2 ton Chevy, the CCKW had a tandem axle in back....pretty sure the bed isn't original to the truck, it is somewhat later.

Oh, that's cool! All I saw was a telephone number, which you can see in the picture. I didn't see a price. Gramma said it was just put out on the corner, so it hasn't been there long. It looks so super cool! This is right around Viera (a suburb of Melbourne). I think on Wickham Road, as I think it was on the road towards the bagel store! ;)

Really cool to get to find out it is a WWII truck! I really enjoyed getting to see it!

Would you mind if I post your pics and description of the location on g503.com WW2 vehicle forum? Someone there might be interested.

Feel free! The owner would probably like to find someone interested and it is super cool! :)

BILL THE PATCH

I should tell my some to go take a look at it, he's in college right in Melbourne. Tell him I want it for Christmas.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk