Captured Japanese flag

I've been offered this captured Japanese flag for sale. It's named to a medic who served in the Pacific and comes with a note saying he took it off a dead Japanese soldier. Does anyone have any idea how much it might be worth or what it says? I don't have a lot of experience with these so I don't want to get taken on it.

post-85550-0-97119100-1544293173_thumb.jpg

Sgt. and Squad Leader, B Company, 104th Inf Reg, 26th "Yankee" Division (reenacted)

Always looking for militaria having to do with the 26th YD, Tank Destroyers, and large size uniforms.

In memory of:

Col. George Edward Holloway, Jr., Infantry School at Ft. Benning, GA in WWII and NH National Guard in the 1950s

Pfc. Frank E. Borrelli, C Company, 633rd Tank Destroyer Battalion WWII

Pfc. Tom Calabrese, 112th Chemical Processing Company, Army Service Forces WWII

Depending on the provennance, battle, translation, they can range from $175-400. Those are the typical prices I've seen at shows and from dealers. Again, it all depends on the history of the flag, I've seen a few even more than that. That flag looks great, no staining or tears, and the kanji looks legible. Good luck!

Jacob

Check out my website: http://www.pofmilitaryantiques.com/

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

Just a reminder, we have a new website for foreign militaria:

http://www.worldmilitariaforum.com/forums/

That forum has a section for "What's it Worth", and this would be most appropriately posted there.

Same rules there, no cost to join.

Gil Burket
Omaha, NE
Specializing in Fakes and Reproductions
of the Vietnam War

burkcats@hotmail.com

"One is easily fooled by that which one loves."

Moliere: Tartuffe

donation2017.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif