Captured Cambodian Soldier Book

smwinter207

This book with photos was removed from a cambodian soldier by the 5th SF soldier in VN. Probably 1966 or so. Can anyone guess on the old photo with the guy holding a samurai styled sword? Thx

post-20483-0-31174900-1544109190.png

Yes, pic is Japanese most likely somewhere in china. The “Bode” that had it could have gotten pic off dead Japanese in WWII, kept as memento. Commies had many advisors there and Vietnam that were Chinese, who knows?

I do not understand the historical context here. The only Cambodians in South Vietnam at the time were ethnic minorities, who were eager to serve with the Special Forces. The left wing Cambodians were still participating in the neutralist government run by Sihanouk and had no business in South Vietnam. In 1967, they started an armed opposition that would later be known as the Khmer Rouge. But they never set foot in Vietnam before cross-border raids starting in 1975.

So who was this soldier killed in 1966? Was he killed by the SF soldier, or was he one of the men advised by the SF?

I do not understand the historical context here. The only Cambodians in South Vietnam at the time were ethnic minorities, who were eager to serve with the Special Forces. The left wing Cambodians were still participating in the neutralist government run by Sihanouk and had no business in South Vietnam. In 1967, they started an armed opposition that would later be known as the Khmer Rouge. But they never set foot in Vietnam before cross-border raids starting in 1975.

So who was this soldier killed in 1966? Was he killed by the SF soldier, or was he one of the men advised by the SF?

The US soldier had a communist belt, flags, a 60's Mao Pin, and this booklet in his locker. I also have his photos of dead enemy soldiers too. He was head of the Cho Duc SF Camp, and served three tours

I really don't know the story on this booklet.