2018 Army-Navy Game Uniform: First Infantry Division

The Iron Brigade

That's a pretty cool advertisement for the game (better i think than in the last few years regarding army ads for the game). Also the uniform adorned with the Big Red One plus the helmet reminiscent of the painted helmets of WWI and WWII is a very nice touch and definitely a great way to pay homage to the men of the 1st ID. I always root for army because of my relatives (more army vets than navy ones in the family). Hopefully Army can pull off a win this Saturday.

They sure could have used somebody to make the wwi fellows look right in general... but what they were trying to do is cool and looked good from a distance.

So Nike made Army's jerseys. Weird.

They sure could have used somebody to make the wwi fellows look right in general... but what they were trying to do is cool and looked good from a distance.

So Nike made Army's jerseys. Weird.

A cool commercial to be sure, But Yeah like wearing what appears to be ACU Big Red One patches on some of them, not mention, patches and the patch were not worn on the uniform or helmet when the war was on, that starts after the armistice.

A1407.jpg

Also mentioning the title 1st Infantry Division, it was simply 1st Division in the Great War

Anyone notice the one enlisted uniform with gold buttons but dark collar discs? The 1st ID SSI certainly does look like the ACU color scheme. '

I realize we're nitpicking, so it's worth stating the overall effect of the commercial is quite good. Just be glad some of us have seen it here first and our families are spared witnessing our initial reactions had we seen it on TV.

I agree USmilitaryMuseum, the collar discs on the jersey are pretty cool.

If you pause it when it shows the close up of the helmet, it looks like it's textured like an M1 with the cork. Even the Big Red One decal is weathered.

Way cooler commercial if they didn't farb it up.

So many things obviously inaccurate.

Nice idea, though.

Yeah they should checked in on USMF and asked around, guys like you and World War I Nerd come to mind :D .

I love the commercial and have no problem overlooking the patches, the gilt buttons, and other FARB issues with the uniforms and equipment. The message that they were trying to send to the viewing public is that they wanted to connect the football uniforms of the Black Knights to those worn in World War I. Here is my BITCH about the football uniform... There were infantry regiments in the 1st Division in World War I, the 16th, the 18th, and the 28th. The 16th and the 18th continue to be assigned to the 1st ID even today. WHY wouldn't the army want to use the regiments that are still assigned to the Big Red One? This makes no sense to me.

Allan