Nylon ALICE M1 Garand ammo pouches

I picked up these four pouches at a gunshow this weekend. Guy I bought them from was also selling several Garands, and said these ammo pouches were some sort of special production run for Vietnam, but wasn't sure by who. They fit En Bloc clips perfectly, with inner retention straps. These scream being newer than Vietnam era to me (and definitely NOT issue), but I can't seem to find out who made them--Rothco, Atlantco, or other random 'surplus gear' maker. Anyone know what these were from?

post-153911-0-36623700-1543965518_thumb.jpg

post-153911-0-50075000-1543965530_thumb.jpg

Question, why would one need a retaining strap for enblock clip when there is a flap cover??? Retaining straps were used with cartridge belts for stripper clips for 03s and Eddystones, two stripper clips to a pouch, strap held second one secure after first was used.

"The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him" G.K. Chesterton

"A people that values it's privileges above its principles will soon lose both" D.D. Eisenhower

donation2009.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2017.gif

Question, why would one need a retaining strap for enblock clip when there is a flap cover??? Retaining straps were used with cartridge belts for stripper clips for 03s and Eddystones, two stripper clips to a pouch, strap held second one secure after first was used.

Retaining straps were continued with the M1 Garand belts. While the enbloc does fit quite snugly in the pouch, it does move around a little bit. With the retaining strap, that enbloc is going nowhere.

milsup, can you actually button the retention straps with the enblocs in there or are the straps too short? I'm thinking they could possibly be carbine mag pouches.

Interested in items related to:

-Amarillo A.A.F. / Amarillo Air Force Base

-Military instillations located in the Texas Panhandle, South Plains, and West Texas.

-"F" Company, 142nd Infantry Regiment, 36th Infantry Division (Texas National Guard)

-413th Civil Affairs Battalion (USAR)

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2019.gif

In Memoriam:

CSM Juan H. Hernandez - U.S. Army WWII, Korea, Vietnam

RM1c William C. Denney - U.S.S. McDermut (DD-677) Korea

Check out 44cartridge belts, no retaining straps. Many earlier cartridge belts had retaining straps cut out by GIs as they got in the way. using M-1s. Marvin the Arvin used late war, no retaining strap cartridge belts. One dosent want an unneeded strap in the way.

"The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him" G.K. Chesterton

"A people that values it's privileges above its principles will soon lose both" D.D. Eisenhower

donation2009.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2017.gif

They sure are neat, though!

Looking for the following:

452nd and 447th Bomb Group items

Anything 12th Armored- especially uniforms

155th Assault Helicopter Company, Camp Coryell, or Ban Me Thuot Vietnam items[/center]

WWII US Navy Uniforms from the Battle Off Samar: USS Johnston DD-557, USS Hoel DD-553, USS Samuel B. Roberts DE-413, USS Heermann DD-532, USS Dennis DE-405, USS John C. Butler DE-339, USS Raymond DE-341, USS Fanshaw Bay St. Lo, White Plains, Kalinin Bay, Kitkun Bay and Gambier Bay...

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2019.gif

McDermut, Yes those retaining straps do button (tightly) over top of the En blocs. My guess is whoever made them just copied that feature from the old cartridge belts, as most of the postwar Korean & 60's Garand belts seem to still have that feature. I'll have to try a carbine mag and see if those fit.