G.I. Collectors Guide VOLUME 2

jgawne

Just arrived this morning, A.G.M.. Ultra fast delivery, good price, and fantastic people to deal with.

The book is incredible. Awesome photos, a ton of stuff I never ever thought of.

This just opened a whole new world of things to get, I better have a looonnnnggg talk with my banker...who says there's a recession.

It is going to take a few days to absorb all the stuff in the book, I only got through the first quarter and my head was reeling.

Hell of a job Henri-Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Just recieved my copy too togheter with the U.S. Army Uniforms of the World War II from Shelby Stanton. Just did a quick look through them and noticed I have alot of reading to do next week in my vacation. I also have the 1st volume which is great too.

He did a great job on both books thumbsup.gif

Eric

I got mine in the mail today and as someone who had published books, I have to commend the authors, editors & publishers for the tremendous labor to put this together.

This is not just a reference, it's fun to browse and while it could have done with fewer tobacco can and typewriter brush images, overall it provides wonderful insights into the details of service life during WWII. When we dress our mannequins in combat uniform, web belt, pack, helmet and weapon, we often forget that somewhere in the rear they all had trunks and duffel bags full of other things (to say nothing of what was in their packs and pockets). I know I've for a bunch of unknown stuff that I maybe able to ID now with this book.

The large size of the book and the excellent color printing really makes things come alive and in the internet age, this book does what the web still cannot do: make a vast amount of graphic information readily available and easy to browse. This forum's members have posted perhaps the largest collection of US militaria photos on the internet, but even with search technologies, we still can't compete with a book of this type for accessibility.

The only problem with going through this book is that I will now have to buy Volume I for myself and Volume I and II as a gift for my brother (:

Any of you guys love the pic on the front of the GI on the MG crew wearing the fascine knife ?..... ;)

Regards

LLoyd

Yeah, that was a great image, definitely eyecatching.

How many color pictures of still and motion picture cameras used by the Signal Corps are there in this book? Can somebody please give me a quick rundown of the types of cameras shown in the book?

How many color pictures of still and motion picture cameras used by the Signal Corps are there in this book? Can somebody please give me a quick rundown of the types of cameras shown in the book?

There is 1 page with still 2 camera's in the book; I think one is a Speed Graphic. I can't remember if there were still camera's in it.

Greetz ;)

David