G.I. Collectors Guide VOLUME 2

jgawne

Jeff,

If you'd have put out the info about the BBQ accompanying the book wrapping earlier, you could have probably put together a battalion of book wrappers for yourself, charged admission to AGM HQ so everyone could peek at the goodies laying about, and then had all the books wrapped up in about 15 minutes too, in time for BBQ!

Looking forward to my copy, I got the AGM notice a few days ago.

MW

Thanks Mike! You're probably right - we just were not forward thinking enough to come up with that one ourselves. I did, however, discover that the muzzle of the cannon makes an excellent ersatz holster for the shrink gun while arranging the next book in the packaging. (Sorry Ron - can't post it yet - still using it.)

We overran the post office the following day. I had been anticipating the look of shock from the postmaster when we rolled up with a truck full of books to mail, and was not disappointed. I think the office may have settled an inch or two on the one side under the weight of the books, but this is a small rural post office and they were quite pleased to have the business. You should be receiving your copy shortly. Thanks very much for choosing to order through us!!

Military Historian
I was forlorn when Amazon cancelled my order. I had pre-ordered in late September! They said they were not going to have ANY! It was still listed with availability from other venders, and as I watched and debated ordering it from one of them, it poped up that Amazon had them after all! I shot in an order, and in theory it shipped yesterday. Delivery is "scheduled" for this Friday. We'll See!

Bob C.

Well, they charged my credit card so I guess it is really on it's way! Fingers Crossed for tommorrow!

Bob C.

Military Historian

Hooray! Mine was waiting for me as well! Very Impressive! Now I'm going to have to save my pennies and buy Volume I!

Bob C.

Hooray! Mine was waiting for me as well! Very Impressive! Now I'm going to have to save my pennies and buy Volume I!

Bob C.

Ya, Vol 1 is a must have. I just got Vol 2 the other day, and between the two of them there is a lot of great info. thumbsup.gif

Our copy arrived at my son's today. I finally got it away from my wife and paged through it. Just amazing the amount of stuff in it but doesn't really fit in to my collecting field. I collect the combat stuff used in the field. But if I run across other stuff this will be a great reference guide. Robert

Our copy arrived at my son's today. I finally got it away from my wife and paged through it. Just amazing the amount of stuff in it but doesn't really fit in to my collecting field. I collect the combat stuff used in the field. But if I run across other stuff this will be a great reference guide. Robert

I can relate to what you are saying. It just goes to show how complete the first book was. Not that it is the be all end all, but it is a fine starting point.

Between Vo1 and Lewis's "Doughboy to GI" about covers all the bases for me. But I did find my parka on page 44 Vol 2 that I hadn't found before. I'm sure I'll find other stuff after I've looked through it for the fifttith time. Robert

Got my copy yesterday from the wife. She ordered it for Xmas and we all know that story.

But I'm impressed from all the stuff that included in the book that normally gets overlooked, sure it's nice to know what haversacks were issued but what was in the haversacks or footlockers? One doesn't realize just how much went into the war effort until you see alll the commercial products that were used by GI's. Well worth the wait and money.

Well worth the wait and money.

This was my christmas present from Scooter.

* Friends that scrape a little gold of the top, are the BEST * thumbsup.gif

Definitely worth it to me, to have Vol 2.

post-633-1234474095.jpg

Carey

I was close by a Borders today and stopped in by chance to see if they had a copy. They just so happened to have one on the shelf so I quickly scooped it up. The mountain trooper section is absolutely phenomenal in this second edition as are all the other chapters. Well worth the money.

I was close by a Borders today and stopped in by chance to see if they had a copy. They just so happened to have one on the shelf so I quickly scooped it up. The mountain trooper section is absolutely phenomenal in this second edition as are all the other chapters. Well worth the money.

Any stuff on the FSSF?

I just got my copy from Jeff at Advanced Guard Militaria a few days ago. My early pre-order from Amazon was canceled. So much for pre-ordering to be the first to get a copy. :blush: Anyhow, I spent quite some time in the book in the last few days and was surprised by the amount of Chaplains items in the book! thumbsup.gif

I spent quite some time in the book in the last few days and was surprised by the amount of Chaplains items in the book! thumbsup.gif

Henri-Paul did not include everything I sent him, nor did I send him everything I have. Kits and basic equipment seemed to be his focus. Still, he was awesome to deal with. I am thinking about putting together a book on chaplains gear, uniforms, paper items from the revolutionary war to the present.

I just got my copy from Jeff at Advanced Guard Militaria a few days ago. My early pre-order from Amazon was canceled. So much for pre-ordering to be the first to get a copy. :blush: Anyhow, I spent quite some time in the book in the last few days and was surprised by the amount of Chaplains items in the book! thumbsup.gif

Same here, except I walked out of the house for a 2 week TDY and left the new book virtually uncracked...I'm virtually frothing to get home and get into it!

Thrasher

Any stuff on the FSSF?

Yes,those were actually a part of the mountain trooper section. It has some of the more rarer items of the mountain troopers, a few items of the FSSF, and some good coverage of the Kiska operation.

Henri-Paul did not include everything I sent him, nor did I send him everything I have. Kits and basic equipment seemed to be his focus. Still, he was awesome to deal with. I am thinking about putting together a book on chaplains gear, uniforms, paper items from the revolutionary war to the present.

His chaplain section was still very nice to look at. Were all of those items in that chapter your? I was thinking about also putting together my own book in relation to the mountain/ski trooper gear. I wonder how hard to a task it would be putting together a book from scratch. think.gif

His chaplain section was still very nice to look at. Were all of those items in that chapter your?

The 16th Reg trunk was not mine as were a few other smaller items (Jewish decal).

Johan Willaert
I am thinking about putting together a book on chaplains gear, uniforms, paper items from the revolutionary war to the present.

That will only increase demand and prices even more for Chaplain items.... think.gif

Great if you want to sell off your collection, but not if you're still looking to buy stuff...

By writing books on a specific subject, you create a market for those items... Look what happened to US WW2 AB after the release of Mike De Trez' first books in 1994....

JOhan

If you start putting a Chaplains book together, feel free to contact me. Although my resources of Chaplains gear and references is not nearly as extensive as yours, I'm sure that I've got some things here to add to your cause. This is a project that is near and dear to my heart also but, time and resources have kept me from going forward with a project like this. God Bless your endeavor! thumbsup.gif

How much coverage does this book give to the film and still cameras used by the Signal Corps? Any Eyemos, Mitchells, and Speed Graphics shown?

Thanks.

GI Gene