WWII 10" Blade w/ Wood Handle

landline

Picked this knife up a while back and have still not identified it. It was in a stash of WWII gear. Has a 10" blade. There is no markings that I can see. My guess is someone put a wood handle on a bayonet. Anyone have a take on this?

post-168885-0-70985900-1543618831.jpg

post-168885-0-80277500-1543618864.jpg

landline- Hard to tell from the photo if it was made from a bayonet blade. I don't see any sign of a fuller (blood groove) on the blade, most WW2 era bayonets had them. Could be a shop made knife. SKIP

Whats the name of the older cutlery with red or black painted scales? Looks like a kitchen knife. Go well with cast iron cookwear. Soak blade in coke to remove rust. Older knives mostly have decent steel.

It looks like it is a saw blade, specifically, a metal saw. Looks like it's got teeth on both edges of the blade.

It has tiny non sharp teeth coming from out of the handle about a inch then it stops. A diving knife would have a place to attach a small rope?

Also, the owner of the estate it came from was a MD in the Korean War. His brother was a Navy sailor in WWII, if that helps.