who won this marine lid?

Costa

Ok, so what it comes down to is this: Nothing is EVER cut and dried. A lot of us want some kind of textbook for things in which textbook doesn't always apply. So, no one knows for sure.

Now, for the snarky attitude I started seeing come out in this thread. Not needed, not going to be tolerated.

A pointless discussion on this for me because I do not own it and did not want to so discussing the toss over whether all 3 parts are original to each other is pretty futile as it seems no one here owns it to prove it either way.

You do not have to discuss it if it does not interest you, however the whole mission of this forum is to allow discussion of militaria. You have a right to hold your own opinion and to be disinterested in it, but your comment is discouraging discussion by those who are interested in discussing it. Most of us discuss helmets we do not own, that others share, and that is the whole point in posting; to get thoughts and opinions from others. If you do not like the topic, you are not required to partake in it.

You do not have to discuss it if it does not interest you, however the whole mission of this forum is to allow discussion of militaria. You have a right to hold your own opinion and to be disinterested in it, but your comment is discouraging discussion by those who are interested in discussing it. Most of us discuss helmets we do not own, that others share, and that is the whole point in posting; to get thoughts and opinions from others. If you do not like the topic, you are not required to partake in it.

I agree rusty canteen,

That comment I made was discouraging although that was not my intention , please remove that comment from the thread. Sometimes my passion for this hobby gets in the way and my comments come of strong, but its not meant with Ill intent.

Comments should be based on opinions and not whether or not that person owns it or wants too.

Its been taken on board

Yours

Dean