HBT ww2 camo set for review

usaaf93

Hello

I recently bought this set to a forum member. I bought it for an original ww2 set and I am 100 % sure about the seller honesty.

I got it today. I am 99.99 % the jacket is a nice original example. I do not feel the same with the pants since I have them in hands.

I see a couple of weird things on it. I will share my thoughts tomorrow but I would like to hear what you think about them.

Please write some argumentation as why you think it is good or not not just it's great or it is crap.

Thanks

Julien

20181112.jpg
20181111.jpg
20181110.jpg
20181115.jpg
20181114.jpg
20181113.jpg

Now that you mention it, shouldn't the size numbers on the tag be embroidered rather than printed? Don't know if they ever did them like that...

UPDATE: OOPS..Just went and checked my "King Kard Overall" pants- the size is printed, and not sewn.

Since you figured out what bothers me the most, no need to wait for a day.... No tag on the right pocket (and no trace it ever had one). This was my second flag.

Here is a comparison with a size tag of a mint HBT pants for comparison.

20181128.jpg
20181130.jpg
20181129.jpg

Another thing you can do is burn a loose thread to check if the thread is cotton or synthetic.Looks like several to choose from.

Im not familiar with all the repro makers and maybe someone can chime in and answer if any of them go to the effort of using cotton thread in repros

Since you figured out what bothers me the most, no need to wait for a day.... No tag on the right pocket (and no trace it ever had one). This was my second flag.

Nothing wrong with those trousers, they are the real deal. Not sure how you missed the washed-out Manufacturer's Tag in the pocket, you show it in your pictures?

post-12824-0-86997700-1543760927.jpg