WW2 Era Gray Officer Coat ? What is this?

TheMariner

Recently a local surplus items seller came into a massive pile of military uniforms, I heard about it Saturday and made it in on monday but I guess they have been out for over a week(can't imagine what steals people got) He was asking $10 a piece for any uniform you wanted, I was expecting like maybe a box full 5 -10 there was and still are prolly 100+ so im guessing there was a couple hundred to start! I ended up buying 4x different uniform and if I move these might go back for more! Lot of 50s USMC uniforms, ww2 4 pocket officer uniform, some odd uniforms a really sadly trashed N3B, tons of under shirts and army blankets etc!

up 4x uniforms from this seller and I left this one because I just didnt even know what it is? It has the army regulation tag in it, I have never seen a grey officer coat is this something good worth buying or not, what info do you know about it ?

post-160496-0-06950800-1543357939_thumb.jpg

FlyingTigers03

I’ll take a guess. Early 1950’s officers taupe wool overcoat. Check that inside pocket for a label.

I'd agree with you. It's not very collectible, but it's a nice coat at the right price.