Egraving question(s)

catfish774

The PHM and MSM for Lt. Haas (WW2 ANC) are plastic case reissues from the 80's. Government/Private engraving?

The single PHM for Cpl Teevin (WW1 2nd Div) not cased. Government/Private engraving?

Thanks

post-162579-0-84369200-1543105010.jpgpost-162579-0-03601800-1543105117.jpg

The Mariner is correct, the top left does appear to be an official government replacement engraving style font. I've seen many of these replacement issues with the exact same style engraved font.

The Mariner is correct, the top left does appear to be an official government replacement engraving style font. I've seen many of these replacement issues with the exact same style engraved font.

Thank you all for the input, I thought the replacements were good, but need a second or third opinion. The WW1 is numbered, but in such good shape I had second thoughts. I see so many with wear to the rear from being worn, WW1 vets wore their medals a lot I see.

Haas was a nurse and I am off on a search to see what I can find out about her, 4th Hospital out of Australia is about all I have on a roster.

Quick question, I seem to recall a website that had great search engine for awards and another for service. My bookmarks left me unfortunately recently and I need to find those 2 sites.

I'm far from an expert but they both look to be government engraved properly for their era.

I see you are a Sunshine fan. My Dad help mop up the Philippine Islands of Leyte, Masbate, Panay and Mindanao, he earned his BSM at Purple Heart Canyon with the 108th RCT, 40th Div.

Here is great link from one of the officers tht was there. The page is written by his son, describing what his father George R. Lemons "dash" years consisted of, great read.http://dmna.ny.gov/historic/reghist/wwii/infantry/108thInf/D_769_31_108th_H87_2016.pdf

Whats the number on Tevins PH ? Your top set actually is rather curious while 80s replacements are generally cheap and hard to sell those are somewhat curious the fact that they are too a WW2 nurse adds a little bit in the value department as that is something really not commonly seen!

Whats the number on Tevins PH ? Your top set actually is rather curious while 80s replacements are generally cheap and hard to sell those are somewhat curious the fact that they are too a WW2 nurse adds a little bit in the value department as that is something really not commonly seen!

No number, it is probably a replacement medal....my guess.