Officers Equipment Company metal dies sold on eBay

Or even better early Force Recon wings?

Boy Howdy what an interesting day this has been.🤠

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 2:43 PM, Tonomachi said:

Interesting salesman sample board which must have been put together in 1940 since this is when he started his insignia business.  I noticed that the sample includes a pre-WW2 officer's armored collar insignia that I thought was not worn during WW2. 

Thank you for being so observant.  I did not know that the officer's armored collar insignia pre-dated WW2, and yes it does coincide with the fact that since Mr.Puma started the business in 1940 the sample board may have actually been put together the same year.

Here is a close up view of the armored collar insignia.

IMG_0485 .jpg

22 minutes ago, CliffP said:

Thank you for being so observant.  I did not know that the officer's armored collar insignia pre-dated WW2, and yes it does coincide with the fact that since Mr.Puma started the business in 1940 the sample board may have actually been put together the same year.

Here is a close up view of the armored collar insignia.

IMG_0485 .jpg

I was referring to this armored officer's collar badge.

s-l1600 (5).jpg

Then let's try again. This image was taken without the advantage of having any sun light.

Is there any chance you can tell which company made the die?

IMG_0490.jpg

15 hours ago, CliffP said:

Then let's try again. This image was taken without the advantage of having any sun light.

Is there any chance you can tell which company made the die?

IMG_0490.jpg

I don't collect these so haven't seen enough variants of this badge to determine who manufactured this particular piece.  However this is probably clutch back due to the way it sits flush on the display board as I have also come across pin back variants of this badge before.