Movie Favorite Moments, Quotes and Lines

LIFER

After seeing some others posted, I always remember the movie M*A*S*H. With so many, there is one were Elliot Gould has a list of demands, and the last is a steak, and the naïve nurse asks how do you want it done.

But- since the Top Gun sequel is due out (yes, that's affirmative) there's a cable channel that's getting their monies worth, catching it twice within the last four days. Some of the favorites were: (engaging Migs) Goose (in inverted F14) Is this your idea of fun Mav. Maverick (hand gesture) Greetings (to Mig pilot). Then a following scene during the briefing: (from being inverted close to the Mig) What were you doing? Maverick: Communicating. Keeping up foreign relations.

As with the M*A*S*H TV show, the best was the seasons with Henry and Trapper....along with Frank. After Frank left, it was not as good.

IMHO, “ Kellys Heros” is loaded with funny situations, quips and famous lines. “ Make him a deal, deal, maybe he’s a republician” 1 good example.

A few of my favorites from Kelly's Heroes,

"Think the bridge will be there and it will be there. It's a mother, beautiful bridge, and it's gonna be there."

"It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers"

"We ain't got no booze" , "Well, we're gonna get us some booze" hahaha

Kellys Heros, another good one. Yes, I remember those lines also. With movies usually playing songs from the year it took place, Burning Bridges which came out the same year (1970) seem to fit in, making it work. (Almost) makes you want to get a tank and put a loud speaker on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the movie PLATOON better, it had a more serious tone and dialog

KELLY'S HEROES was entertaining but it had too much of a 1960's hippie vibe , soundtrack that didnt really go with a WWII movie.

nobody had a regulation military hair cut, Clint Eastwoods hair was too long & thick, no grease, he had a common 1960's hairstyle

-Look, I am trying to turn you on to something very good and you are giving me your problems... I mean thirty feet of bridge I can pick up almost anywhere...schmuck.-

One of my favorite Oddball lines!

One of the funniest movies ever.

• 1 month later...

I like the movie PLATOON better, it had a more serious tone and dialog

KELLY'S HEROES was entertaining but it had too much of a 1960's hippie vibe , soundtrack that didnt really go with a WWII movie.

nobody had a regulation military hair cut, Clint Eastwoods hair was too long & thick, no grease, he had a common 1960's hairstyle

I'm with you on that one, it's definitely a fun movie that I always enjoy watching, but "C'mon man" with the hair, dialog and music.

Another good one is from "The Longest Day"

"Pluskat, what's that noise, what's going on??"

"You know those 5,000 ships you said the allies didnt have, WELL, THEY GOT THEM!" Hahaha