Gold fourragère on 97th Division Ike

Ant1942

Hey everyone I just came across a signal corps 97th Division uniform set containing the 4 pocket and Ike. Its pretty plain but theres a gold/yellow plain Fourragère on the left shoulder. I believe the guy was a technician 3rd class but I cant say for certain because the rank is no longer there. Can anyone help on identifying what that particular fourragère is? I dont know if its a WWII one or a post war one added on the uniform. Any help would be appreciated.

post-178778-0-80269300-1542813849.jpgYea I should have put pictures in to this topic to definitely help, that's my bad. Here is some visuals of the uniform with the fourragere.

post-178778-0-72577700-1542813946.jpg

Thanks for the input, it was a suspicion that its not original with the jacket, but I really dont know what that fourragère is supposed to represent regardless.

Yea, thats how the uniform came when I bought it plus the matching 4 pocket jacket. The woman that sold it said she Didnt know what it was either ( she thought presidential service maybe?) but said she got it that way from an estate that apparently had lots of different uniforms ( a collector passed away) up in the Northeast region ( Connecticut, NH area)

I have 4 jackets/shirts with the same fourragere, they are from a WWII 1st Infantry vet and the yellow fourrageres are for his membership in DAV (disabeled army veterans)