My hand-embroidered 349th Bomb Squad patch - 4" Mickey Mouse and Pluto dropping bombs

Here is one of my recent patches . . . hand embroidered, no machine used! Just me and a needle! This is a 4" patch for the 349th Bomb Squadron. Features Mickey Mouse riding Pluto and dropping bombs. I've wanted to do a Mickey patch for ages! This is actually being done as a trade. I am going to sew it onto a circle of the brown, creating a small rim so that it can be worn and only sewing onto the rim. The photo of the back is from when I was just finishing the rim on the bottom of the cloud. So, not much changed, but I haven't taken a new pic of the back.

This has over 20 hours of work in it.

post-151812-0-39996800-1542729948_thumb.jpg

post-151812-0-05210400-1542730096.jpg

donation2018.gif

If you ever want a custom hand-embroidered (no machine) patch, I'm open to commissions! Pay or trade!
For an idea of my military collecting interests and wish list, see my profile page!
Looking for Old-Style US Coast Guard Commendation Medal (w/ or w/o ribbon)!

Oh, tarry and be strong; Tell God in prayer. What is thy hidden grief; Thy secret care.

Yet, if no answer come; Pray on and wait: God's time is always best; Never too late.

Elizabeth...thats really great work.super looking patch

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

Another great example of your outstanding work, Elizabeth! Mark the back "made by ........" so down the road a collector won't get the wrong idea! Keep 'em coming! Bobgee

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif
"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (Message sent by 1st Lt. Clifton B. Cates. USMC, 96th Co., Soissons, 19 July 1918 - later 19th Commandant of the Marine Corps 1948-1952)

Thanks, Guys! Actually, I make a little Made By tag for my patches. this one is actually going to be mounted on a slightly larger brown wool piece, so that the wearer can sew on the rim, rather than on this patch. I'll attach the tag to that. :)

donation2018.gif

If you ever want a custom hand-embroidered (no machine) patch, I'm open to commissions! Pay or trade!
For an idea of my military collecting interests and wish list, see my profile page!

Oh, tarry and be strong; Tell God in prayer. What is thy hidden grief; Thy secret care.

Yet, if no answer come; Pray on and wait: God's time is always best; Never too late.

Fantastic, you are gifted.

"The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him" G.K. Chesterton

"A people that values it's privileges above its principles will soon lose both" D.D. Eisenhower

donation2009.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2017.gif

Thanks! No, this isn't my first. Actually this is about my 20th embroidered and/or appliqued patch repro.

Here was my first patch ever:

post-151812-0-37099900-1543457350.jpg

Here is another I did last Christmas:

post-151812-0-36290100-1543457412_thumb.jpg

A pair from last year:

post-151812-0-78925700-1543457548.jpg

donation2018.gif

A bunch I did this Summer:

post-151812-0-48370600-1543457590_thumb.jpg

Here is my first velvet patch:

post-151812-0-02973000-1543457734_thumb.jpg

donation2018.gif

Just to finish . . . here are what I've done the most of, as everyone seems to want these!

post-151812-0-86894200-1543457818.jpg

post-151812-0-71852300-1543457827.jpg

post-151812-0-77948300-1543457837.jpg

That gives you a nice cross-section! Right now I am working on a 5" patch of the 336th Rocketeers. :) I love doing the patches, but don't ever need patches myself. Most of these have been presents for forum members or done on commission or for trades! :) I just love hand-sewing! :)

donation2018.gif

Hi Elizabeth, it's great to see a lot of your work in one thread (no pun intended). It never fails to impress.

Rene

Never give in - never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense.

Churchill

Keep buggering on.