Spanish War Service Medal #9379 in Matching Box

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow would you kindly do me a favour and tell me the name of the book please? I'm trying to find out if an ancestor was entitled to medals from this period. Thomas James mcloughlin.

Thanks

Spanish War Service Medal Issue Records © 1995 & Army Spanish Campaign Medal Issue Records (1991)

I look in both books and didn’t see his name. They only list medals that were issued.

Mike

Thanks very much really appreciate it! I seen in a newspaper article that he was in the span am war at the age of 16 to 18. He returned home straight after. He would have been entitled, just didn't receive possibly? Many thanks ?

The Spanish War Service Medal started being issued in June 1919 and ended December 1925. They were issued in 1000 number intervals.

The Army Spanish Campaign Medal started being issued in December 1907 and ended December 1925.

My great grandfather received his medal in 1922

Mike

Thanks for the info Mike, I'm going to have to get educated on this era I think the NARA has more rexords. So I'll have a look after work. I doubt the us government would have sent medals to foreign soldiers in European countries?

Although if entitled they still would be mentioned on medal rolls. Just not claimed?

Cheers Rory

Mike, I watched a good movie recently. It's called black 47. Good movie, and will explain why many emigrated. It'll also explain why the Irish are called the fighting Irish. Being the back bone of the British army for centuries.

Cheers Rory