Adapt Old Headphones to a 3.5mm jack?

Double_Canister

Double_Canister

Would it be possible to get a Head Set Type H-113/U to work with a modern day 3.5 mm headphone jack and if so, what kind of adapter would be needed?

Thanks,

Chris

If you wanted to use these for, say, listening to music you would need a new plug and - because these are high impedance - maybe a matching transformer.

But even then you would have mono earphones.

The plugs on these are similar to - but not the same as - ones used in civilian gear, so there is not, as far as I know, any sort of adapter plug you can just plug in: you'd probably have to remove the current plug and replace it.

Double_Canister

If you wanted to use these for, say, listening to music you would need a new plug and - because these are high impedance - maybe a matching transformer.

But even then you would have mono earphones.

The plugs on these are similar to - but not the same as - ones used in civilian gear, so there is not, as far as I know, any sort of adapter plug you can just plug in: you'd probably have to remove the current plug and replace it.

Yeah, I was thinking just for day to day use (which they would probably be terrible at given their age but they look cool :D ).

I was wondering if adapters were made for these but I guess not. (Is it a quarter inch jack?)

Thank you for your reply

• 2 weeks later...

That PL-54 on those headphones is 1/4 inch in diameter but is too short to fit a standard 1/4 jack.

You can buy a CD-307 adapter cord from FairRadio.com that will adapt the headphones to a standard 1/4 inch or just buy a JK-26 jack and make your own.