Top Gun Two

LIFER

• After all this time they're going to make another Top Gun. I was watching cable and saw Tom C. (you know, Maverick) being interviewed. He did not say much, when asked a lot of questions, as will he have another love interest, and what will it be about. It was mentioned that the planes will be different, which is no surprise. But what is, finding out some time ago what happened with (or to) Kelly M. , Charlie. We also have to wait and see if any of the other original cast will be included.

Not to knock it, I still think it's great, but I happened to catch the last half of it the other day and there were some things that were so obvious that just would not happen. At least like that/those.

It's due out some time next year, and at this point I don't know if I will see it at the theater or wait until it's on TV.

As with others, sometimes it's just well enough to have only one.

UPDATE:

I got some e -mails on this and here's what was mentioned... Top Gun 2 is called Top Gun: Maverick. I am making it unconfirmed, as one friend says Top Gun 2 and another says the other. We will have to wait, unless one of you knows for sure. There will be a female as well, but waiting to find out the role. The planes are F 35's and the Iceman returns. Waiting for others to jump on board for additional.

Also the group Berlin (great female lead) should be included. Those were the most played songs on the radio after the movie release and it seemed to play for months.

I'm with you.

Also the group Berlin (great female lead) should be included. Those were the most played songs on the radio after the movie release and it seemed to play for months.

Im sure someone will remake it....Maybe Five Finger Death Punch.The last couple they redid the radio stations played them into the ground.

My friend's brother was a sailor on the Enterprise when they filmed the original. He says that everyone from the film were great to the ship's crew, with one exception...Tom Cruise, who he declared was a jerk.

I have been boycotting Cruise since the first Mission Impossible film. I hold him responsible for making Mr Phelps the bad guy. NO FRIGGIN WAY! It would be like Kirk killing his crew and going over to the Klingons. I'm really a mild-mannered guy, but mess with my 60's TV heroes and I will hold a serious grudge.

Mikie

More updates: I just got an e mail as to who the female part will be. She is Jennifer Connelly. With a lot of new people in this one, I don't know who she is, either. She portrays a "single mom" (what happened to being divorced?) that works or owns a bar that is patronized by the Navy. How about that? What is interesting is that Kelly M. contacted the movie company and expressed interest and never got a reply. So I am told. Another mentioned that the movie has been pushed back until 2020, as they are behind with filming scenes. With that the name could still be changed or is not set. It would be Top Gun: Maverick.

Last, for now, Maverick, after all this time has been promoted (as you would expect) to Captain.

Jennifer Connelly is a seasoned actress from childhood. I believe she was in the" Labyrinth "with David Bowie.She was also in the movie "Mulholland Falls",and many other movies.

Jennifer Connelly is a seasoned actress from childhood. I believe she was in the" Labyrinth "with David Bowie.She was also in the movie "Mulholland Falls",and many other movies.

Two movies I passed on seeing.

Oscar winning actress.

I stopped watching awards shows a long time ago, as they have become over rated and everyone has to give a speech for a cause, that has nothing to do with the theme. If I want a laugh I will watch a comedy show. Or better yet, a good war movie. You can't go wrong with that.

Not about the film but about cruise, I was in Ireland in 2017 for 3 weeks! One of the people I ran into there had a funny story I guess he was on vacation there a few years back and had happened into a bar expecting everyone to want autographs and take pictures etc, I guess he had announced earlier in the day he was going to be there that night! SO he went in got all set up and said everyone who wants to come and get signature/photos etc can and also he said he would cover the bar tab, the bar was filled with locals and they ordered drinks on his tab but no one went to greet him, guess he left pretty peeved and with a big bill!

The locals still get a kick out of it today, they don't take to kindly over there to people who think they are hot shots!

• 7 months later...

UPDATES: The name will be Top Gun Maverick. It was delayed a year for those aircraft scenes (so they say). It starts 26 June 2020. Kelly McGillis was not asked to be in it. Pete Mitchell, now Captain, has a new love interest, played by Jenifer Connelly. Another new character is Goose's son, still playing the piano. There is a trailer on the web. It does not reveal much, as it could. I still don't think I will pass on seeing it in the theater, and wait for it on the tube. I am guessing I won't have to wait long. We'll see.

Skysoldier80

It is funny that you mention Tom C was a jerk, because I know someone who was a Cadet at Valley Forge Military Academy when the film "Taps" was filmed. Guess who was a jerk and made fun of the Cadets during the shooting of the film...Tom C. Additionally he refused any military training for the movie. Not only is the guy crazy, he seems to be also be a jerk!

My friend's brother was a sailor on the Enterprise when they filmed the original. He says that everyone from the film were great to the ship's crew, with one exception...Tom Cruise, who he declared was a jerk.

I have been boycotting Cruise since the first Mission Impossible film. I hold him responsible for making Mr Phelps the bad guy. NO FRIGGIN WAY! It would be like Kirk killing his crew and going over to the Klingons. I'm really a mild-mannered guy, but mess with my 60's TV heroes and I will hold a serious grudge.

Mikie

Okay, your the second to say so. I remember the movie. It came out before he was (well) known, so he was just another person in that movie. Thhe two that were stars are George C Scott and Timothy Hutton. Cruises part was head of the elite group. When the National Gaurd were firing (back?) he had an M60, and when told not to fire he disregarded that, and got himself killed. I mention this, as this would be similar to the way the comments go. I also remember they had an extensive arsonal. The movie could have had a better ending. Like keeping the place.

• 10 months later...

Having just spent the last seven months on an aircraft carrier, I'll probably see it in the theater. 

I can say that the "thump" you hear following the jet taking off from the carrier is 100% real.  From my experience of having my office under the catapult, I compare it to having a metal trashcan placed over your head and then someone beating it with a baseball bat. Good times. 

As an aside, Ed Harris looks more like he should be acting in a Tales from the Crypt movie rather than playing an active duty admiral. But that's just me... :D

Hi Dave,

Glad to hear from you. I agree, it's better to see it an the big screen. After 7 months of good times, it will be easy to spot those scenes that are not accurate. Also, not just Ed Harris, but Tom Cruise, as well.

Lifer

• 7 months later...

My friend Rob was the prop guy on the movie and he gave me several patches from the show from a jacket set up that he still had.

I got the flag also but couldn’t find it this morning.

owen 

4CA2A5EB-61E4-45CE-8A58-E3B919317E06.jpeg