2 new wings feathered details

The Rooster

2 new wings. The pilot has nice feathering marked sterling on the back.

The second is the ae co crew wing. I picked this up because its pin back and has nice feathering in the wings. My other ae co crew wing is clutch back

with no feathering. Its also noticibly thicker and heavier tan this one.

Were all the ae co wings feathered and they have mostly been worn down?

post-181333-0-74508300-1542511708_thumb.jpg

Really nice wings. The first is the Smilo pattern if I recall correctly. I've never seen the feathers in the AE Co wings like that. You're probably right that the dies just wore out really quickly. Very nice pickups congrats.

Thank you! These were the first AE Co. wings I've ever seen with the feathering. Now I see 2 more on ebay but they are clutch backed.

And kind of pricey. I haven't weighed it but its def lighter than my clutch back pair. Noticeably thinner too.

Im really liking the Smilo wing. I haven't seen any before this one.

Since i picked this up I saw another one online but they wanted 150 bucks for it.

There are a couple of nice threads on the SMILO wings, if you do a search, you will find them. They produced a fair number of ratings, so you have a way to go... I told you, once you started collecting, it would never end! LOL

There are a couple of nice threads on the SMILO wings, if you do a search, you will find them. They produced a fair number of ratings, so you have a way to go... I told you, once you started collecting, it would never end! LOL

How True Patrick!

I was just going to collect navy and now im buying air corps!

What does anyone think or have to say about the feathering in the ae co wing?

Im wondering if the pilot wings I have used to be feathered and are just worn down?

Does anyone have any feathered ae co wings other than these air crew wings here.???

AE Co-manfactured wings have always seemed to be very low quality to me. They don't have a lot of detail. These wings were likely made sometime between 1942 and about 1946 (about the time AE Co was going out of business--though I have forgotten the exact date).

The AC wings seem to have had a stab at some feathering. But...

You may want to review this thread on AE Co wings.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/315674-ae-co-triplicate/

You are well and truly infected with wingitis.... LOL