WWII USGI Canteen Manufacturers

mrrm

Does anyone know of or have a list of all known manufacturers of WWII USGI canteens? Are there any that stand out as being rare or uncommon? I did an on-line search with no real results.

Thank you.

There was a WWII canteen cover makers list on here but no canteen makers how ever the only two makers of the 1941 dated canteens and blue enamel canteens are some of the rare ones made for WWII

• 3 years later...
On 11/17/2018 at 3:45 PM, mrrm said:

Does anyone know of or have a list of all known manufacturers of WWII USGI canteens? Are there any that stand out as being rare or uncommon? I did an on-line search with no real results.

Thank you.

These are the ones that I am familiar with. Does anyone know what the actual name of G.P. & F. Co. is ?

A.G.M. CO. (ALUMINUM GOODS MFG. CO. of Manitowoc, Wisconsin) 

B.A. CO. (Buckeye Aluminum Company of Wooster, Ohio)

E.A. CO. (Eastern Aluminum)

F.E. CO. (Fletcher Enameling Company of Dunbar, West Virginia)
G. P. & F. CO.

L. F. & C. (LANDERS, FRARY & CLARK of New Britain, Connecticut)
R.S.E. (REPUBLIC STAMPING & ENAMELING CO. of Canton, Ohio)

S.M. CO. (SOUTHEASTERN METALS CO.)
SWANSON COMPANY

TACU (THE ALUMINUM COOKING UTENSILS COMPANY of New Kensington, Pennsylvania)
VOLLRATH (THE VOLLRATH COMPANY of Sheboygan, Wisconsin)

Browninggunner688

G.P&F Co is Geuder, Paeschke, Frey Co.

I have a list of canteen manufacturers and cup manufacturers, I will list them tomorrow.

Nick.

Browninggunner688

Here's the other ones not listed as above that I have either got in my collection or have found whilst searching various sites, there probably are more if anyone can add to these lists.

AP Co.  Aluminium products Co

MA.Co  Massilion Aluminium Co

K.M.Co (unknown to me).    (Cup)

PP.Inc. Poloron Products.

T.J.W.B.M.Co.  The John W Brown Manufacturing Company.

ACA. The Aluminium Company of America

Tusa Co  

J.W.B.    J.W. Brown

A in a diamond (unknown to me)

Wire & Metal mfg co.   (Cup)

Edward Katzinger co    (Cup)

Foley.                              (Cup)

Owens Illinois.               (Cup)

Arrow B'klyn, N.Y.          (Cup)

Hope this helps.

Nick.

Browninggunner688

A few more.

MEM Co.     (Unknown to me)

Rutenber Electric Co.   

SM.   (Singer Manufacturing)

R.M.   (Unknown to me)

B.E.Co    (Bellaire Enameling Co)

U.S.S.  (United States Stoneware)

REP Co (Unknown to me)

FECo.     (Fletcher Enameling Co)

Swanson Machine Jamestown NY

Nick.

Browninggunner688

Forgot to mention these are WW1 manufactured M1910 canteens, WW2 manufactured M1910 and M1942 canteens and cups.

Nick.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
On 11/18/2018 at 12:45 AM, mrrm said:

Thank you.

I made my own list of existing (or supposely existing) canteens by maker, model and year of manufacture over the years ...

I listed 82 different models or markings. I am collecting them all but still missing about 20 % ...

M-1910                                         M-1942                                     Enamel                                Ethocel

8x 1918                                                                                           

6x 1941 

5x 1942                                                                                           7x 1942                                3x 1942

10x 1943                                       9x 1943                                                                                   6x 1943

5x 1944                                        6x 1944                                                                                   3x 1944

6x 1945                                        5x 1945

Still looking for these models (unsure all of them exists) so if you have some of them please post a picture here or PM me.

M-1910                                    M-1910                 M-1910              M-1910              M-1910              M-1942                 Enamel            M-1942           M-1942

OSCO TRADE MARK 1918     AGM Co 1941      MA Co 1943      EA Co 1944       REP Co 1945      LF&C 1943           GP&F 1942      LF&C 1944     SP&FC 1945

TJWSM Co 1918                      TACU Co 1941                                 SM Co 1944                                  MEM Co 1943       

TRADE A MARK 1918             BA Co 1941                                      SM Inc 1944                                 PP Inc 1943

GP&F Co 1941                                                                                        RSE 1943

LF&C 1941

WPG Co 1941