1918 Mark 1 handled theater knives

mikedon

A group of three theater knives made with 1918 Mark 1 trench knife handles. The first is made with a M3 blade, (U.S. M3-U.C.-1943). The second is made with an M5 blade. The third is made with a section of a M1913 Patton Saber blade. I included a fourth modern one made by Mike Silvey. Mike did an exceptional job on it.

post-165606-0-65021600-1542483823_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Do you have any pics of the work in progress and how you attached the pommel nut? I have a repo handle and a bayonet and would like to do this but would like to see how you did it first.

Do you have any pics of the work in progress and how you attached the pommel nut? I have a repo handle and a bayonet and would like to do this but would like to see how you did it first.

No, sorry I don't. I did not do the work. I bought them completed as shown in the pictures.

I am sure someone on the Forum could tell you.

Well, it wasn't too tough after all. I took a cheap repo M3 bayonet and a cheap repo 1918 knife handle and in about 3 hrs I had this......

post-207275-0-86444300-1545237277.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 1918 us trench knife it has a mocking the handle which is stamped CO . H. I am trying to upload a picture but it will not let me keep saying the file is too big didn't know if anyone knew what that stamping meant. I greatly appreciate any information will help someone they offer