eBay seller daniellewis35?

ClaptonIsGod

Anybody have any experience with this eBay seller? Considering buying an M1 from him, but want to make sure everything checks out. He says he lives in Normandy, but eBay lists his location as England and prices are in GBP so wanted to see if anyone's bought from him before to make sure the helmets he's selling are in fact Normandy relics. Thanks

Burning Hazard

I know which one you're talking about; he's got several relics helmets (US, Axis, and Commonwealth) and almost all of them are listed as Normandy found or Omaha found etc. I don't see any red flags with this seller, he seems to be an antique seller. Since we don't have solid proof his helmets came from Normandy; you buy the helmet and not the story.

One of his relic M1 helmets appears to be a Vietnam era depot refurb; note the thick texture aka "moss camo" or "mossy texture", I used to own one like it.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Fantastic-original-WW2-US-M1-Front-seam-Normandy-helmet/273562378854?hash=item3fb196a266:g:CU8AAOSw9ipb7gtd:rk:20:pf:0

Pat

post-8715-0-76801400-1542486782_thumb.jpg

I bought a piece of what was described as WWII parachute recovered in Normandy. What I got was a piece of Korean War era parachute. He refunded my money when I contacted him. I have bought other WWII era items from him and they appear 100%. I think he lives in England but has a place in Normandy. FYI

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-original-WW2-US-M1-Front-seam-Normandy-helmet/273574585866?hash=item3fb250e60a:g:CU8AAOSw9ipb7gtd

Has another helmet here claiming it was from D-Day. It looks like the moss camo helmet Pat was talking about. What do you think I mean it could be real but it looks a lot like the moss helmet. This also may be the "moss camo" pat posted earlier. I just don't know if it was real I would maybe try to get it but I would need to know its 100% authentic.

Don't try to talk yourself into it being real, it is not. That is the mossy texture and this lid never saw a beach head on D-Day and likely only made it to Europe during the 60's. Walk away and save your money for something legit. If this guy cheats on the one, he'll cheat on them all.

Don't try to talk yourself into it being real, it is not. That is the mossy texture and this lid never saw a beach head on D-Day and likely only made it to Europe during the 60's. Walk away and save your money for something legit. If this guy cheats on the one, he'll cheat on them all.

While I have you on the thread, does the M1 in the link below check out for you as a general relic, and does it seem like a good candidate for the clearcoating of some relic helmets you've described in a few posts? I've given up on trying to convince myself it's 100% a Normandy helmet, but does seem to be a legitimate relic fixed bail.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/319529-picked-up-a-normandy-relic-m1/