6th Marine 2nd Batallion Helmet

turmanator

This was just sold as a BIN on ebay last night. I pondered it but did not go for it. Maybe I should have? Here is the sellers description. What do you guys think?

"This helmet is id'd to Sergeant Herbert A. Swanson. Swanson served with the 78th (E) Company, 2nd Battalion, 6th Marines in WWI. This helmet was painted brown, and the hole for EGA placement was punched low... both known only for authentic 2/6 specific helmets. Unfortunately, someone over-painted the helmet with a dark green latex paint. If you have the time and patience denatured alcohol will safely remove latex paint without damaging the original paint. I added the EGA (EGA only, NOT the hole), which fits the shell very well. Both holes are punched-in. Unconditionally guaranteed to be as described. If you have questions or need additional pictures please feel free to ask."

post-8015-0-75558800-1542379258_thumb.jpg

jeremiahcable

Chuck sourced that one on eBay. Another online seller just sold a 1/6 and a 3/6 helmet this week, and there was another 3/6 (maybe good) helmet on eBay this morning. You have to be aggressive in looking for them, but they do pop uo.