Unknown USMC USAAF & USN WWII/KW Squadron Patches

militbuff

Just picked up a large patch collection. Can anyone ID them and tell me which war/period they date from and the country of make.

This one is USMC and Japanese made.

post-1945-0-02185700-1542378693.jpeg

post-1945-0-09012200-1542378704.jpeg

First one is VMJ-1, second is VF-23, third one is Ground Controlled Approach. These are early 1950s and appear to be Mediterranean manufactured, except for VF-23 which is US embroidered on felt. Not sure about number 4 and yes, five is a field maintenance squadron that has been identified on the forum before. Are you keeping these? Jeffro

First one is VMJ-1, second is VF-23, third one is Ground Controlled Approach. These are early 1950s and appear to be Mediterranean manufactured, except for VF-23 which is US embroidered on felt. Not sure about number 4 and yes, five is a field maintenance squadron that has been identified on the forum before. Are you keeping these? Jeffro

#4 looks like a older Andrew Butler type patch(copy) to me.The style and materials look like his work...any other patches to compare it to?

#4 looks like a older Andrew Butler type patch(copy) to me.The style and materials look like his work...any other patches to compare it to?

Thanks to all for the IDs. The VMJ1 is pretty cool. It’s Japanese made with the bullion and quilting.

I hope that the CGA isn’t a Butler copy. It doesn’t glow under a black light but I don’t recall if his did. Does anybody have a a Butler copy?