M4 Sherman gun trigger?

dan_the_hun84

Looks more like the handle for the manual turret traverse, not sure if its purely "sherman" as the design was used on many vehicles over many years.

The M4 (sherman) used triggers that were foot actuated by the gunner

Ah! This makes more sense. Looking through pictures I did see a similar grip like this in a Sherman but didn't equate it as a transversing handle. The idea of this being a trigger didn't really make much sense either as it would be too easy to touch off a round by accident.

So, since you say it was used on many vehicles it would be hard to pin point what it was used on. The best I could hope for would be the time period used?

dan_the_hun84

Ah! This makes more sense. Looking through pictures I did see a similar grip like this in a Sherman but didn't equate it as a transversing handle. The idea of this being a trigger didn't really make much sense either as it would be too easy to touch off a round by accident.

So, since you say it was used on many vehicles it would be hard to pin point what it was used on. The best I could hope for would be the time period used?

Likely 40s thru late 50s- but very loose guess, you will see this style on everything from M3s, M5s thrugh the M47s and 48s-