This item was in my late brother -in-law's collection of odd stuff. I think it's a gun trigger but not certain.

post-87-0-44585700-1542309276_thumb.jpg

Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom?--Death, Hogfather/Terry Pratchett

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gif

Ah! This makes more sense. Looking through pictures I did see a similar grip like this in a Sherman but didn't equate it as a transversing handle. The idea of this being a trigger didn't really make much sense either as it would be too easy to touch off a round by accident.

So, since you say it was used on many vehicles it would be hard to pin point what it was used on. The best I could hope for would be the time period used?

Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom?--Death, Hogfather/Terry Pratchett

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gif

Ah! This makes more sense. Looking through pictures I did see a similar grip like this in a Sherman but didn't equate it as a transversing handle. The idea of this being a trigger didn't really make much sense either as it would be too easy to touch off a round by accident.

So, since you say it was used on many vehicles it would be hard to pin point what it was used on. The best I could hope for would be the time period used?

Likely 40s thru late 50s- but very loose guess, you will see this style on everything from M3s, M5s thrugh the M47s and 48s-