WWII Occupation Bills (Allied Military Currency, etc.) - France, Italy, etc.

stratasfan

Always been nuts about foreign money, and have a variety of WWII-era bills and coins. Here are some of the Allied Military Currency bills I' picked up more recently. Have more, and will post as soon as I take pics. Would love to see pics of anyone's WWII bills, whether AMC or overrun countries (like Japanese bills overprinted for Philippines, etc.).

post-151812-0-52331600-1542295209_thumb.jpg

post-151812-0-96793400-1542295221_thumb.jpg

Has anyone gotten the old British Pound notes as bringback items? The old Pound notes that were very thin paper (white with black printing) and very large?

Yes, these are cool relics of the times. They have the great advantage of being relatively inexpensive and small. They are easy to display and store. Here is a link to some Japanese occupation bills I posted a while back with a personal connection...

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/302532-aunt-in-law-early-inheritance/

Lets see some more!

Mikie

I've never seen that one before, either! I've got to go dig out some of my other money . . . :) Then I can post some more! My favorites are the French and PI bills. :)

I have a Vietnam bill that was a bring-back, though. Not allied currency, but just something a Vn soldier brought home. :)

• 2 weeks later...

You might watch for a book called "Military Money," by Walter Rundell, Jr. Scarce, but worth looking for. I have an extensive collection of occupation

currency. I'll add it here.

You might watch for a book called "Military Money," by Walter Rundell, Jr. Scarce, but worth looking for. I have an extensive collection of occupation

currency. I'll add it here.

Rundell's book Military Money is an excellent history of occupation currency in WWII. His other book Black Market Money discusses currency control (or the lack thereof) during the occupation of Europe that led to the development of MPC.