What do you use to stuff your Vietnam m16 mag pouches?

I am trying to put the finishing touches on my Vietnam mannequin. He has the two mag pouches for 4-20 round mags each as well as a cloth bandoleer. What do you guys use to stuff these to give them the shape that they are fully loaded? Or does someone know the demensions of a 20 round mag so that I can cut them out of foam or wood? Looking for idea or suggestions.

Take a look in the "reenacting groups and repo gear"forum,a member marshallsarsenal sells a nice repo mag.

Thank you or the suggestion! A little pricy for me though. For $15 per mag I could actually buy real new made 20 round mags. I will have to give the 2x4 a shot unless something else comes along.

I use real 20 rnd magazines that I pick up at gun shows and yard sales..

There is a forum member here that has a business and makes resin magazines and M1 Garand enbloc clips..

Can't recall who it is but his products look pretty decent.

Leigh

"Pain is only Weakness Leaving the Body"

MSG Leigh E Smith Jr
US Army (Retired)

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

SCRAP BLUE FOAM INSULATION WORKS VERY WELL, CUT TO DIMENSIONS OF A 20 OR 30 MAGAZINE. THIS FOAM IS ALMOST WEIGHTLESS. IT IS NOT UNCOMMON TO SEE SCRAP PIECES LAYING ON THE ROADSIDE. GOOD LUCK GIH

Second gih suggestion, foam insulation holds the shape too. Use it for all cartridge belts and pouches except 1911 types. Carefully spraying black paint to “ dust” the fillers works to color them.

"The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him" G.K. Chesterton

"A people that values it's privileges above its principles will soon lose both" D.D. Eisenhower

donation2009.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2017.gif