VFW Veterans Day Display

Great display and an impressive patch collection.

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

We had well over a 100 members family and friends attend the Veterans Day event at the post so limited on space I limited the number of theater made patches I put on display. In attendance was a member of Merrills Marauders, Korean War 2nd ID soldier, Vietnam and members of the armed forces who have served in military operations since the early 1980s.

Awesome display. Any chance to get a closer look at the 332nd uniform? Looks great

"In almost all wars, the sight of foreign troops brought fear and terror to the local people, destruction and often senseless killing of local citizens. However, the sight of the American GI always brought smiles and joy to the local French people. They knew we were there to liberate, not to conquer; to help, not to terrorize."

Captain Leo T. Hury, M-Company, 330th Infantry Regiment, 83rd Infantry Division.

In honor of Captain Leo, March 19, 1920 - June 10, 2012

Profile picture: Pfc. John T. DiMauro, E Company, 331st Infantry Regiment

January 23, 1926 - KIA January 13, 1945 near Langlire, Belgium after 11 days on the frontline

Looking for anything related to the 83rd Infantry Division (1917-today)

Visit my personal website: www.normandytothebulge.be

Learn more about the 83rd Infantry Divison assocation at: www.83rdassociation.com

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Nice job, great to see folks putting their memorabilia to work. I hauled out my 1 ton 16"/50 battleship round center stage to Delta Airlines Vet Day celebration in their hangars.....over 30 aircraft were on display, F16, F18, C130, three Ospreys, Kc135, C47 from Normandy, Cobra, numerous warbirds, biplanes, the finest event I have seen in years....the F16s and F18 departed with full afterburners....three Ospreys came, two departed....one left on the ramp due to maintenance issues. Pictured is our CEO who,attended the two day event.

post-180924-0-86563000-1542139651_thumb.jpeg

Very nice display. I am particularly impressed by your theater-made patch collection! Thank you for sharing.

There is a LOT of theater made insignia, too.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

Member, ASMIC.

Editor, ASMIC's The Trading Post

ASMIC Executive VP

CONGRADULATIONS ON YOU DEDICATED WORK TO ASSEMBLE THIS MASSIVE NUMBER OF PATCHES. EQUALLY IMPORTANT, IS YOU OPPOROTUNITY TO HONOR THE VETERANS, WHO WORE THESE UNIT PATCHES. THANKS FOR SHAREING, GIH