Found some patches today

Found these two patch displays at a antique store. There ready to hang on a wall. They were done a long time ago by the typewritten name tags. Not sure where they came from maybe a VFW?. Who knows. I don't want to take apart but I want to examine a some of the patches. I'll probably just leave it alone. post-11207-0-62032300-1542054392_thumb.jpg

donation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

That is a really nice and fairly complete collection, its intresting that both the 10th infantry division and 10th mountain division are present. That might suggest that it was from the 48-58 time period or soon enough after that where having the 10th division without the mountain tab would be relevant distinction that people would recognize.

donation2019.gif

Wow! How many years would it take to collect this without busting a budget? Very nice.

"The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him" G.K. Chesterton

"A people that values it's privileges above its principles will soon lose both" D.D. Eisenhower

donation2009.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2017.gif

Wow! How many years would it take to collect this without busting a budget? Very nice.

Looks like the results of someone getting SSI from one of those WW2/post-WW2 firms that offered all of the WW2 SSI, WW2-era remakes of WW1 SSI, chevrons, and all manner of other insignia to collectors. I've seen scrapbooks of SSI on this forum put together from the same source. The companies published SSI identification pamphlets, too. I wonder sometimes if some of those patch blankets we see were assembled that way.

Patch king maybe?

"The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him" G.K. Chesterton

"A people that values it's privileges above its principles will soon lose both" D.D. Eisenhower

donation2009.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2017.gif

You can officially retire from collecting WWII patches now. Just haul these two frames out when people want to see your collection.

Gil Burket
Omaha, NE
Specializing in Fakes and Reproductions
of the Vietnam War

burkcats@hotmail.com

"One is easily fooled by that which one loves."

Moliere: Tartuffe

donation2017.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif