M6 scabbard on e-bay

Elton

There is an M3 in a M6 scabbard on e-bay (item no.143000620083) I think the scabbard is a reproduction because of the flaming bomb stamped under the makers name (Mils co).

I was wondering if anyone else thought about that or even noticed it. The price is already at 355 dollars with several days to go. I may be wrong but I do not remember seeing flaming bombs on any scabbards except reproductions.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Elton ( Howard )

Also, the slits in the leather for the belt loop, should not have a hole at each end of the slit. Don't take my word for it, but it would fool me. I think it's real.

Marv

Howard- I agree with Marv! Milsco was the only maker who stamped the Ordinance Bomb on their sheaths, and there are no holes/dots cut at the end of the belt slits. It looks real to me.. SKIP

I looked at Frank Trazaska knife notes reproduction recognition page, M6 sheath page and the MILSCO M6 sheath does not have a flaming bomb. Were some made with a flaming bomb and some without? As is pointed out some reproductions are old enough to have old patina.

Not trying to be hard headed just trying to clear up some things.

Thanks,

Elton ( Howard )

I don't know if any were made without the ordinance stamp, but many examples had a rather light strike to them compared to the other lettering/numbers. Others here have greater experience with the M6's and may be able to provide expanded information.