U.S. Military Toys

MECHINF-A15

• 2 weeks later...

Marx Toys, 1950's. U S Coast Guard Cutter "CAMPBELL" depicted as a 1956 Secretary Class cutter. All ships of this class served on convoy duty in WWII and Operation Market Time Vietnam. The toy is made of polypropylene and was originally painted blue, go figure. I re- painted it with Rustoleum auto primer and Rustoleum paint. This type of plastic doesn't hold paint well, it's been 5 years since I painted it and no paint has flaked off it yet.

post-162620-0-61785000-1549652325_thumb.jpg

Hey Chief, you did a very nice job on that Coast Guard cutter. Ronnie that childs pistol belt looks so real. I also like the Pacific islands cam cover on the helmet.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Scout the Camo cover and the helmet is a movie prop from the series, The Pacific.

The pistol belt was made by me. The holster was made by a friend who also made the Canteen cover, the .5 mag pouch and the first aid bandage pouch. He also made me a t handle shovel cover but I have never completed that project.

Thank you for your comments.

Ronnie

• 2 weeks later...

I see that a lot of people have some extraordinary military toys, so I thought I'd join in on the fun. This is my G.I. Joe (Army) from 1966 when I got it for Christmas. I was able to get a .45 cal. pistol (which I've lost) and a bayonet (which was broken) but through all these years I tried to keep him in "good" condition. Besides his sateen fatigues, he has his Field Jacket, M1 Garand, 10 pineapple grenades, First Aid pouch, pistol holster, cartridge belt a .30cal Browning MG and ammo box. BTW the helmet was from a cheap knockoff wannabee G.I. Joe, but I painted it in a very bad camouflage. Those figures came with the Ridgeway hat which I don't believe was around for WWII but I didn't know any better. Also I took a bare chested pic to show off his dog tag. I think the worst thing I ever bought for this figure was the rubber suit for the Navy Frogman Underwater Demolition Experts (forerunners to the Navy SEALS); that was also lost through the years. Please enjoy the pictures.

post-2052-0-88909000-1551108878_thumb.jpg

post-156853-0-84056200-1551073188_thumb.jpg

post-156853-0-85319600-1551073200_thumb.jpg

post-156853-0-45228300-1551073222_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
MECHINF-A15

After a "little accident" I just returned home from hospital and rehab. Happy to see folks have enjoyed this thread and have posted some really neat items.

I'll try to post some more next week or so.

All the best!

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

I see that Stoney Buddy came with a lot of stuff. I see that the mess kit and .45cal pistol are all in green. Still nice to see some other toys with nice equipment.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Proud Kraut

After a "little accident" I just returned home from hospital and rehab. Happy to see folks have enjoyed this thread and have posted some really neat items.

I'll try to post some more next week or so.

All the best!

Mike

Nothing serious hopefully?! Good to see you back on board again! Great footlocker!