Vietnam paratrooper helmet graffiti

I recently took a risk and purchased an airborne style helmet off of eBay based on some very blurry pictures. I received it today and found that while a portion of the liner was damaged, every piece was dated somewhere between 66-74 and that it had a fair amount of graffiti under the cover including jump wings. I know that a lot of times such graffiti is faked so I am wondering if anyone with more experience on the issue thinks this piece looks genuine and what to look for when determining the authenticity of helmet graffiti. Thank you.

post-193671-0-04519300-1541711361.png

post-193671-0-66865700-1541711372.png

donation2019.gif

Thanks, that would have been my first guess also. However it is on both sides of the helmet with the e and the first n underlined on both sides which I thought would be odd if it was just the state. I guess I was wondering if there was some other significance or meaning given to it.

donation2019.gif

Update: I think I might have identified the owner, I found a Sgt. John E. Lebold of the 8th Arial Port Squadron who was in Vietnam in 1975 and was awarded the silver star for his actions removing live ordinance from the base's runway so that plans and personal would not be harmed during the attack. I am not sure exactly what his unit's role was but every picture of him that I have been able to find he, and his entire unit, is wearing a master Parachutist badge.

post-193671-0-38056000-1541730284.jpg

donation2019.gif

Looks like your gamble paid off!

Looking for older Virginia Military Institute items: insignia, uniforms, cadet sabers, documents, and groupings belonging to VMI alumni.

Also interested in Virginia Reserve Militia (VRM) uniforms and insignia, or other items of general Virginia interest.

It really did, despite several other items that have shown promise this is the first item that I have been able to identify and research to some degree. Unfortunately there does not seem to be a lot of information on the internet regarding Combat Control Teams in Vietnam, and I have found individuals in Vietnam rather hard to research anyway, so it is somewhat slow going. I may end up posting about this helmet and story elsewhere later after I have more information because there aren't many CCT posts.

donation2019.gif