Help Solving This WW1 DSC Mystery

Airborne-Hunter

Airborne-Hunter

This DSC recently came out of an estate sale. The number is 15128 which I think is outside the traceable range. The medal came out of the estate of Donald & Alice M a r t i n e l l i (P a s t o r i) of St. Helena California. The wife came from Calistoga, California and the husband from Rutherford, California. I can't find anyone with those last names on the roster of DSC recipients. There was some other ww1 stuff that came out of the sale including shells, shrapnel, aircraft fabric and some photos. One of the photos was labeled Co. F on the back and the yard longs are all labeled 363rd Infantry 91st Division Supply Company.

So can anyone see any means to figure out who this medal was awarded to. Is this even a WW1 medal or possibly a reissue? The 91st Division has their DSC winners on their website and there appear to only be 13 DSC winners. Any thoughts? Thanks ABN

post-1800-0-24303500-1541645042.jpg

• 1 year later...
Airborne-Hunter

Another forum member recently posted a list of awardees of the DSC (see link below). This list includes a Jack L. Martinelli who served in WW2. Until now, I have never been able to locate anyone with the Pestoni or Martinelli name on the DSC list. Now I've found one.  The estate this piece came out of had the effects of several distant relatives including both WW1 and WW2. I tried searching for a Jack L. Martinelli, but I can't come up with anything. I think it may be short for John, but I can't find anyone by that either. If Jack L. Martinelli is a relative he would be a cousin or uncle of Donald Martinelli. The father is Walter Martinelli. Does anyone know how I could check this to verify if Jack is a cousin? Thank you ABN

DSC List Topic

Individual Award
http://dscdatabase.com/page/10/letter/M 

Other websites and Al Gleim's DSC book has him listed as "Marinelli"

The website may have a typo

Bill