Walther PP Reich Finance Police Bring back with Paperwork

WWIIBuff1945

Well,

I did it again! Found another gem and made an offer. I had been watching it for the past few months and they recently reduced the price by $200. I offered them $100 less and they accepted. Since I'm short on funds I decided to let go of another bring back I own. Its a beautify Type 99 rifle with a plaque. I was informed the location this was taken from was a Japanese sub base. I prefer pistol bring backs because I just don't have the space. I have someone interested in it and I'm waiting on his offer.

A Walther PP was another on my list of wants and its interesting that it was issued to the Reich Finance Police. There is 2 sets of capture papers which is unusual. The seller claims that they bought the set from the family and they said the earlier dated document is the original capture paper, the 1946 dated document is from when the vet was part of the occupying force, post war and had to have documentation showing he could possess the pistol in the occupied zone.,and where it originated. Again the research begins for the vet. Matt do your magic please.

post-158759-0-26213200-1541616795_thumb.jpgpost-158759-0-22917700-1541616820_thumb.jpgpost-158759-0-75483100-1541616844_thumb.jpgpost-158759-0-92168600-1541616861_thumb.jpg

Beautiful! I just picked up a MINT BYF44 Z block P-38, holster, numbered capture paper, and capture tag!

Thanks! Are you going to post a thread on it? I just love the bring backs! Lets check it out.

USCapturephotos

Congratulations! Definitely a piece Id love to own in my GI bring back collection. Just saw a killer ppk with the political grips and GI capture paper in a friends collection but it is NFS.

Paul

Congratulations! Definitely a piece Id love to own in my GI bring back collection. Just saw a killer ppk with the political grips and GI capture paper in a friends collection but it is NFS.

Paul

Thanks Paul. It sounds like your friend has a real treasure. Is he a member of the forum? If he is that would be a cool thread to view.

This is Lawrence's father's WWII Draft Registration. I'm including only because that's probably the same address where Lawrence was living before entering the service.

d8.jpg

Certificates

Lawrence J. Klodzinski 36910677

Signed by Captain Edward P. Genger

30th Infantry Commanding

another signed by

Signed by Captain Boris Alexander

CAC Co, Battery C, 788th F.A. Battalion

Certificates

Lawrence J. Klodzinski 36910677

Signed by Captain Edward P. Genger

30th Infantry Commanding

another signed by

Signed by Captain Boris Alexander

CAC Co, Battery C, 788th F.A. Battalion

I wonder why his serial number is not showing up in in the National Archives records?

I wonder why his serial number is not showing up in in the National Archives records?

I don't know. Anyone else have an explanation for why Lawrence's enlistment record is not there?

Thanks for the info on the signing officers! Boris died pretty young and Edward looks like a career officer and is buried at Arlington. Interesting stuff!