Question on Flashlights etc

suwanneetrader

suwanneetrader

I recently bought 2 boxes of US Army items 1960s thru early 90's. As they brought very little I pulled a couple of items and kept them. The unused flashlight is slightly over 6 inches long taking 2 AA batteries. It was new in the box.is contract #6230-01-353-4468 and DLA 441-92-C-5287. MFR P/N JRNV 210BB. It only glows red. What is it's purpose? Can it only be seen from a distance with night vision? Thanks for info. Richard

Is it possible that it has a red filter installed. Usually, there are various color filters in the screw off cap at the bottom, and replaceable in the lens of the flash light. Jack

suwanneetrader

The whole end will come off exposing the filament (is like a snap in LED bulb). Then that end piece with lens will unscrew but will not separate but just extend (in and out) so when lit it still has a red center piece but projects a normal flashlight beam. Hope my desc is adaquit Richard

GeneralCheese

Map reading flashlight? Red light doesn't ruin your dark adjusted eyesight, and the maps are designed to be fully readable with red light.