ODD U.S. Special Forces DUI

37thguy

I need help with this one. Never saw one with along dagger blade like this? Hallmark reads "MILITARY WORLD"

Never heard of this Hallmark/Manufacturer either. Can anyone here help me?

post-729-0-34953300-1541097952.png

I had a friend who was a member of the 1st Ranger Battalion and was a collector of militaria before enlisting in the Army circa 1980. He saw a display once on one of the military bases he was staying at temporarily and noticed this DUI with the extended tip V-42 knife on a 7th Special Forces Group flash. So he associated this version of the DUI with the 7th Group.

USMarineCorps

One of these recently sold on Ebay, and the seller said that the longer dagger meant "mine is longer". I have no clue if that's the real story behind this insignia, but anything is possible...

I just found another association with the 7th SF Grp. The insignia company Military World out of Dahloniga, Georgia, also produced this crossed arrows Bowie knife DUI that was worn on the unauthorized 7th Special Forces Group flash with the diagonally added blue, white, blue bend to honor the El Salvadorian flag.

post-1389-0-30729400-1541105721_thumb.jpg

Military World was on Buford Hwy (Gwinnett County) back in the day, there isn't anything original about this piece. When I was a kid that place used to sell a bunch of fake German items and such. The item has been cataloged by ASMIC Special Operations cat # 1E5, E= 1980's., aslo it has been recataloged in the Newest color Infantry catalog as 1G8.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...